Auxiliary fuel tank brace on square body Magnum

Anyone know of a classic style Magnum that is being parted out?

We have a problem with the auxiliary fuel tank on our 7230 bulging out. Far enough in fact that the tank rubbed on the tire and created a hole in it. 

Examining the tank i figured out what may be the issue. The vertical bracket circled on the diagram isn't there. Whoever had the tractor before us must have had the tank out and never put the vertical brace back on. Eventually without that brace the tank got weaker and bulged out.

I managed to get the last used Auxiliary tank Worthington's had but they didn't have the vertical brace. So im looking for one. Yeah, i know i can make something but I'd have to get some C channel the right size because currently we don't have any on hand. And 2 it would be so much easier to find someone who has salvaged a tank but didn't need the brace so it was left behind. Get it and slap it in. No fabrication required. 

Any help will be appreciated. I have calls out to a few other places hoping someone has one

20220517_153409.png

The part number for a 5X88 series is 1251937C1.  Is it the same as a Magnum or is the piece very close in being the same?  This may expand your search a bit.

8 minutes ago, IHC5488 said:

The part number for a 5X88 series is 1251937C1.  Is it the same as a Magnum or is the piece very close in being the same?  This may expand your search a bit.

Exact same number 

It would be different on an 89 series as auxiliary tank was different on them . I thought 71 and 72 were different than each other also. Tank capacity was 97 on 71xx 110 on 72 series and 117 on 89 series all by recollection I might be slightly off the volume

6 hours ago, bitty said:

It would be different on an 89 series as auxiliary tank was different on them . I thought 71 and 72 were different than each other also. Tank capacity was 97 on 71xx 110 on 72 series and 117 on 89 series all by recollection I might be slightly off the volume

Same brace, p/n 1251937C1 used from the 5088 all the way through the 8900 extra capacity lower tank.

Stock shows 18 in Lebanon, IN depot at $144.00, i'm sure they'd like to get rid of them.

2 hours ago, Maynard said:

Same brace, p/n 1251937C1 used from the 5088 all the way through the 8900 extra capacity lower tank.

Stock shows 18 in Lebanon, IN depot at $144.00, i'm sure they'd like to get rid of them.

Ok so this brace is not different but the tanks are, I was just concerned that they could have been different . It must be somewhere where it is the same shape. I know the 89 is rounded and protruding in the wheel area wrapped around the axle to add capacity, 72 wasn't. 

11 hours ago, bitty said:

From what I can tell. The 7100 and 7200 Auxiliary tanks are the same. I compared the tank to the one on our FWA 7120 and it looks identical. And the 2wd 7120 we have is the same. 

Never had the privilege of being around a 8900 series up close yet to know what the differences in the tanks are

11 hours ago, bitty said:

Ok so this brace is not different but the tanks are, I was just concerned that they could have been different . It must be somewhere where it is the same shape. I know the 89 is rounded and protruding in the wheel area wrapped around the axle to add capacity, 72 wasn't. 

The tank that wrapped around the axle was an option. 

• Like 1