RPM and expensive/shoddy mail/shipping

mmi

I know usps enacted "new" super snail the mail along with seasonal price increases and maximize the waste $$$.

Has this hit RPM..?  still have not received May and there was not, the usual 15/20 posts on 1st receipt

in last month

$5 of bolts ,mandated $16 in mail costs (3 day) ordered on the 3rd ,never mailed until 12th, hit 10 stops,redirects

radiator promised today,says "maybe 5-20"   ordered 5-11 /sent 5-14 already 10 stops which will poof once delivered.

just about everything has gone to > $16 item mail/etc

I know usps enacted "new" super snail the mail along with seasonal price increases and maximize the waste $$$.

Could this have been the reason why, a few months ago, the post office told us that we should expect SLOWER first class mail deliveries?

A "new and improved" (read more costly) delivery option, that returns us to what USED TO BE the 'normal' delivery times.

I've ordered several things lately USPS Priority Mail. What used to take two days takes a week now.

I've also had items never arrive. Just lost in space.

Thx-Ace 

Wife had a package ordered normally 2 days from shipper in south dakota...2 weeks later it was in a warehouse in California was sent to Florida then montana 3 weeks to ship along what should have been easy shipping post office and receiving post office both along i90...

• Sad 2

Not post office but brake parts ordered from rock auto shipped FedEx. Tracking says they are in grimes iowa as of sat. Now says no delivery date scheduled......wth?!?! Was expecting them Monday and need them asap. 😡😧

As has always been the case, if you don't pay for First Class postage for your Red Power Magazine subscription, it will be delayed. Nowadays its just even more delayed. 

2 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

As has always been the case, if you don't pay for First Class postage for your Red Power Magazine subscription, it will be delayed. Nowadays its just even more delayed. 

Understand,and also asking others what the NEW norm is?

FC doesnt mean much any more,but within 10 days .

We have taken RD for over 80 years, when it was $<4yr you could by a life sub for $90

they have always, 10% inflation raised the rate and now being fund/woke owned, slashed and filter content, but never once asked for FC NOR,been delayed more than 5 days (1 this month)

They have doubled the in house rate $ and ALL  CS is gone and dont give ....

If we dont find a discounter like defunct PCH they will be dropped

28 minutes ago, mmi said:

If we dont find a discounter like defunct PCH they will be dropped

PCH = Publishers Clearing House is defunct?  Who's going to pay all those X million dollars a day for life, contest winners that made up all their advertising?

However, it IS another reason to NEVER answer the door.

On 5/17/2022 at 3:35 PM, mmi said:

so how many others dont have RPM yet?

Pretty sure Sept-October was my last one.......I think NZ must be on the covid naughty list or something.......not complaining....no body’s fault....just the way this crazy old world Is these days with the mail systems all messed up.....not to mention the shipping costs have gone through the roof.....even small items cost more in shipping than what they are worth to buy.☹️

On 5/18/2022 at 5:47 PM, IHKIWI said:

Pretty sure Sept-October was my last one.......I think NZ must be on the covid naughty list or something.......not complaining....no body’s fault....just the way this crazy old world Is these days with the mail systems all messed up.....not to mention the shipping costs have gone through the roof.....even small items cost more in shipping than what they are worth to buy.☹️

Heath the last RP magazine I received is the November-December issue (with an I4 on the cover). 

When my subscription was renewed in March there had been alot of magazines that had been returned back to Sallie and Dennis. Someone at USPS had been clever and put a canceled sticker across the names and addresses making it extremely difficult for them to see who had not received theirs.  

Hopefully the mail situation gets worked out soon.

Marty,NZ

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mmi said:

So   who else  has not received their may/june Rpm  yet?

those that did, what is the NEW late date? 

28 days here for in time 20 for late

I would send Sallie a message and see when she posted your magazine ,at least that way you know it's on its way. 

Marty, NZ

A month ago we sent a check for a manure spreader to a farm 3 1/2 hour drive away from us. Sent it priority mail (with tracking) .

It took a week to get there . Twenty years ago it would have been there for the next day in regular mail ☹️

5 hours ago, mrfred54 said:

Wonder if early voting ballots by mail will be delayed when the time comes??🤔

cant be counted until after,so....only the wrong ones,as the facts point to those being the deciding factor

22 hours ago, mrfred54 said:

Wonder if early voting ballots by mail will be delayed when the time comes??🤔

My accountant sent my tax return package last beginning of April/end of March . I didn't get it just before the 15th so he drove by a set of them. I finally got them on August 4th or 5th ( I wrote it on the envelope) 

I wouldn't trust anything I think is important to this system ....