My downtime got scheduled...

mader656

Tuesday morning I felt off sore throat. Went home early slept 24 out of next 27 hours still sick  today I went to urgent care. I was right had to pay doctor to tell me what I already knew.  Tonsilitus got some antibiotics today should have went last week...on the way home the ibuprofen wore off I thought I was going to have to pull into the local er by the time I was home. 

They also gave me "magic mouthwash" lidocaine gel for mouth pain nasty stuff that don't work. Looks nasty and tastes worse.

If anyone has had it you know what it looks like.

Hopefully on the mend now. I'm not 20 anymore and bounce back as fast apparently 

I still have my tonsils and have had strep a few times. Is that what you are referring to?  I had it bad enough once that I would swallow the ulva (sp?) In the back of my throat.  Not fun!  Do have me antibiotics and said ice cold beer helped!  Of course that was about 40 years ago and I was headed to Spring Break in Florida!

2 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

I still have my tonsils and have had strep a few times. Is that what you are referring to?  I had it bad enough once that I would swallow the ulva (sp?) In the back of my throat.  Not fun!  Do have me antibiotics and said ice cold beer helped!  Of course that was about 40 years ago and I was headed to Spring Break in Florida!

This isn't the worst I'd have it but the worst pain I've ever gotten from it....

Hope you get it whipped quick mader, sounds very uncomfortable.

I know what your saying bout age.

Gets harder to push through and work when sick.

hope you feel better soon Mader, been tonsil free since 89', but still plenty left to break down, and yeah, I don't remember getting bogged down nearly as easily 15-20 years ago. maybe you just have more on your plate these days😉

I haven't had it as often lately, but used to get that about once a year.  It is very painful, but at least once you get antibiotics it always goes away quickly for me.