1/2 Way to retirement

hardtail

Picked up 1/2 of the equipment needed yesterday to go out on the road for a year after I retire, still want to pickup a slightly used Streetglide to pull this but will use the Fatboy for now.  Not crazy about the color but it's mint, testament to previous owners, thus one is a 1996 Deluxe model, been looking for one for awhile off and on, the company factory burned down in 2003 and that was the end of Tiny Mite 🥺 The Michelin radials are 8" NLA, looks like back to bias ply.

IMG_20220515_194240.jpg

IMG_20220515_194258.jpg

IMG_20220515_194306.jpg

• Like 9

I’ve slept in worse places. Looks to be in good shape. The AC might be a little lacking for summer time though...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I’ve slept in worse places. Looks to be in good shape. The AC might be a little lacking for summer time though...

I find AC useless in campers, none of the state parks have electricity anyway, just another hole in the roof to leak. 

Yes they are he had 2 spares that he threw in, think I recall a 70s shovehead electraglide or flh that had a similar style cast wheel, might be where the inspiration came from 🤔

Looks like it’s in nice shape. Neat little set up. Will be quite the adventure pulling it around the states for sure.  Need another trailer behind to haul a dual sport around so you can get real deep into the woods lol. 

• Haha 1

With the fuel prices I might be sitting on a sawhorse making motorcycle sounds, imagining traveling north America, might have picked a helluva time to stop drinking 🍻

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hardtail said:

With the fuel prices I might be sitting on a sawhorse making motorcycle sounds, imagining traveling north America, might have picked a helluva time to stop drinking 🍻

...looking at the wee unit, Lance.......just wondering if you have watched that neat, poignant film...Richard Farnsworth   in 'The Straight Story "...just  a thought..:)

Mike

6 hours ago, hardtail said:

Well I just put on another batch of home brew beer.  And the cost of living has gone up $A10 since the last one.

Mind you a batch is 120 litres so it isn't rising at the same rate as fuel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hardtail said:

If you can get somebody to set up a fan in front of the sawhorse and throw bugs into the airflow it enhances the experience.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zleinenbach said:

Heck, when i read the title I thought it was going to be a Happy 50th Birthday announcement!!!

Thats our generation the way my investment account looks

• Sad 1