Stew's Stuff

Well that didn't last long. Everything is to be auctioned off . October.  So much for keeping it going.

• Sad 2

I visited his collection in spring of 2019,  it was well worth the trip!  Talked to Stu for couple hrs as he showed me the grounds.  Must of been a big as Farmall Land was,  just spread out all over the place.  His adult children have house's on the property also.  All the roads are paved on the grounds.  Sad that is already being sold off.  Is there a listing online?

35BBE136-F755-40D4-9338-4649425D8EDA.jpeg

Wow that was fast

Glad I was able to go to their annual event and also see it a couple times when I had the place to my self 

I think it would have been surrounded by The Villages eventually.   

4 minutes ago, redturbo said:

I visited his collection in spring of 2019,  it was well worth the trip!  Talked to Stu for couple hrs as he showed me the grounds.  Must of been a big as Farmall Land was,  just spread out all over the place.  His adult children have house's on the property also.  All the roads are paved on the grounds.  Sad that is already being sold off.  Is there a listing online?

I just saw the announcement for it. Looks like aumans are doing it in October. Sad, would’ve liked to have seen it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ummm... I think I missed something...

???

Forgive me. Who's Stew? What's his stuff?

We stopped there on a trip to Florida in August of 2020.

Stew wasn't there, he was at Red Power Round Up. He had quite a collection, we spent a couple of hours there. It was very interesting how he developed the collection.

I was hoping to get to one of his events, and was shocked to hear of his passing.

That is the problem with collections, most times the kids don't have the same passion for the collection. I had the same thing happen to me, when my Dad passed he had 28 display cases filled with all types of different glass pieces. I sold most of it for pennies on the dollar. It wasn't worth what he thought it is, or what he put into it.

My auctioneer buddy told me the only thing to collect is guns, they bring the best return. Your kids won't care about artwork and such, but guns will bring in the money.

Sad to hear that Stew's museum and collection is being dismantled.

• Like 1

I just seen it last night , I’m guessing that the kids didn’t want to deal with all that stuff . I have been there a bunch and have fixed a bunch of the tractors while visiting . Stewart was an all in guy when he did something and that place is amazing and hope things sell good , his kids are all very nice people 😊

Danny

• Like 3

That stuff is gonna bring a fortune.

1. Auction prices are up

2. Aumann is big and their auctions always sell among the highest

3. Some uncommon/rare stuff in there

4. It looks to be in fantastic shape

5. Provenance

Let that be a lesson,

just because you think all your stuff is really bitchin cool don't think for a second that  your kids don’t already have an auctioneer on speed dial. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

My kids will be passing out sale bills at my funeral.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jingles1928 said:

Same here.  No kids but whoever inherits my collection will dispose of it quickly.  And that’s fine with me.  Don’t know why some people expect the kids or whoever to keep and maintain a collection.  

• Like 2

Sad. Glad I got to see it last year. Didn’t get over there 2 weeks ago during our Florida trip, wish I did now. So as I understood when I was there, all of those beautiful machines were reborn and haven’t been run since they were parked in the buildings?  A474EF60-4056-40E6-B850-B8723D7CCC2D.thumb.jpeg.13d040e39a4b6bec9e27fd565982b8cc.jpeg

6 hours ago, jingles1928 said:

You're lucky, mine are passing out flyers  to people while I'm still alive.  

We're all that way, I'm not into all the same things dad is but I do enjoying keeping things just because a family member or friend had it and liked it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jingles1928 said:

My boy and nephew's are already claiming stuff and saying what they are going to sell. When they say something about my stuff I keep telling them that they can't wait till I gone.

With Farmall Land gone and Stew's soon to be gone who is going build the next Museum ?  

I get the feeling that the IH legacy won't have a good display for the public.

2 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

With Farmall Land gone and Stew's soon to be gone who is going build the next Museum ?  

I get the feeling that the IH legacy won't have a good display for the public.

Harvester Homecoming in Fort Wayne Indiana has a nice start. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 4:38 AM, lorenzo said:

Let that be a lesson,

just because you think all your stuff is really bitchin cool don't think for a second that  your kids don’t already have an auctioneer on speed dial. 

On 5/12/2022 at 5:26 AM, jingles1928 said:

If I do it right the check to the undertaker will bounce.  

my kids will have to sell my stuff off, or buy it from the wife if she outlives me

• Like 2

I just wonder how many guys on here unloaded all of their dad’s “old crap” as soon as they could? I would bet not many, and those that had to probably did it reluctantly. I couldn’t imagine selling all my dad’s stuff. The stuff my grandpa used when he was farming is all that I have left of him. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I just wonder how many guys on here unloaded all of their dad’s “old crap” as soon as they could? I would bet not many, and those that had to probably did it reluctantly. I couldn’t imagine selling all my dad’s stuff. The stuff my grandpa used when he was farming is all that I have left of him. 

Not me.  For starters me and my dad started the collection together.  Some stuff we owned together and some separately.  That is a lot different then when the dad collects and the kid has zero interest in it.  Grandpa/great grandpa never did collect anything because they grew up with this antique machinery and had no desire to relive that.  And any other crap they had was just that.  Even told me once the old wooden grainery should be burned down. 

• Like 2