I was offered free off road tires and wheels, I passed up on the offer.

oleman

I was at my favorite autoparts store today. They had 4 Ea 295-17 tires on (late model Dodge wheels probably) 8 hole 8 X 17 chrome center plated. Store mgr said they were mine for free if I wanted them

My first in pulse was to load them in the truck for future use, even if they do not fit a GM 8 lug, the tires were good open tread 17".

My in pulse was over ruled by the little voice that said, "Just more trash to deal with later".

So I passed up free tires. 

2 hours ago, oleman said:

I was at my favorite autoparts store today. They had 4 Ea 295-17 tires on (late model Dodge wheels probably) 8 hole 8 X 17 chrome center plated. Store mgr said they were mine for free if I wanted them

My first in pulse was to load them in the truck for future use, even if they do not fit a GM 8 lug, the tires were good open tread 17".

My in pulse was over ruled by the little voice that said, "Just more trash to deal with later".

So I passed up free tires. 

Well, it's been two hours, have you thought of a good use for them yet? If you have, they are likely gone already. 

Sorry just yanking your chain a bit. 

Free is right in the middle of my price range. 

Always find a use for them or at the least tradin' stock. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My pulse always quickens whenever I see a rusty wheel on the side of the road with brand new meat on it, see them a lot in Ohio, as the salt rots the cable holding the spare to the truck. Problem is, the side wall is always punctured from coming in contact with some part of the truck on its way out from under. I brought home 2 before I learned to check it out before I loaded it up.

• Haha 3

Some Dodge and Chevy truck bolt patterns exchange, 8 bolt is one 😖

3 hours ago, Binderoid said:

My pulse always quickens whenever I see a rusty wheel on the side of the road with brand new meat on it, see them a lot in Ohio, as the salt rots the cable holding the spare to the truck. Problem is, the side wall is always punctured from coming in contact with some part of the truck on its way out from under. I brought home 2 before I learned to check it out before I loaded it up.

Killed a lady less then 10 miles from here a few years ago when one broke loose and went through her windshield.

• Sad 2