First night inside.

DT Fan

Bought this old cyclo back in '17. This is the first time it's been inside. Don't think the p/o did either. The plan is once the beans are in the ground to park it in the shed and not have to tarp the tanks! Tried to get as much Red as I could in the picture.

IMG_1382.JPG

• Like 15

It looks like its in pretty good shape for spending part or most of its life outside.

I always wondered if anyone ever made a canvas cover to cover the seed hopper and drum on those planters. We always used a tarp during planting season. I had a pretty good system where I could cover and tuck and with two bungee straps it would stay covered in even the strongest winds that we see here. I always thought something canvas with a drawstring would have been a lot more convenient and look better.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Bought this old cyclo back in '17. This is the first time it's been inside. Don't think the p/o did either. The plan is once the beans are in the ground to park it in the shed and not have to tarp the tanks! Tried to get as much Red as I could in the picture.

IMG_1382.JPG

Is that a 8 row or 12 row planter?  I am thinking 12..

Thanks

Got this rig out to get it ready to go today. Pretty happy with the progress. The right marker was not working at all. Had been thinking about the why of this. Thought, must be that 7 wire plug. The male pins were easy to clean up. Female, took a little finesse. Got my smallest drill bit, fit almost perfect, and cleaned all the crap and corrosion out of it. Straightened one pin just a bit. Hooked back up, works like a charm, both marker lights work even! First time since I've owned this thing. Electrical problems are not my strong suit!

Put the drive chains on, checked all the bearings, (plenty of them). Greased, lubed drive chains. All seems good.

Picked up a pair of notched marker discs at a farm sale couple of years back, threw them on to try out. Not sure if I'll like them or not so the old ones are in the cab.

Have a few of last years beans left that I will use to check the monitor.  Just about ready to roll. Now if the Coop can just get it sprayed.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 1:07 PM, DT Fan said:

It is a 12. Bigger than I need but what was available when I needed to buy one.

How does your 1X66 handle it?  Probably has alot to do with soil conditions I assume.

Thanks

The 10 handles it fine. When the tanks are full, a little more weight on the front would be nice. You don't want to take it down a gravel road full of seed! Transport empty. 

Bean ground got sprayed Friday. Got things working as well or better than ever. 30 bags of beans in the hoppers, ready to roll Tuesday, weather permitting!

• Like 2