Of all the places!

We have one female cat on our farm, 1st time mother, and she picks quite a spot for her litter! Down in the bowels of our 290. Only found them after I start the tractor, cause momma come flying out.

2 out 4 alive, moved them to the barn and hope momma keeps them there.

IMG_20220508_164220229_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

I had to tear apart my zero turn because the half starved, mostly dead, parasite infested stray that elected us as her saviors decided to burrow in there as far as she could go. I feel your pain.

BUT, I've said this on the forum before. You can tell a lot about a man from the way he treats animals. Especially so when those animals are domestic breeds or species. Good on you for your tolerance.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, stronger800 said:

We use to present the moms with a large cardboard box, (sealed up with just a “door” cut in it ) prebedded with cloth or hay, when they needed to be encouraged to move their babies someplace safer 

I tried doing that with my momma cat here. She wouldn’t use it and insisted on moving the whole litter to a new hiding spot every second day. 

New cat, first time mom had a litter in the chicken coop.

Great place but something got her, from bobcats to owls. Very hard to keep cats out here, especially if they hunt at night.

Anyway, little cats had their eyes open but wold not survive outside. So, mother brought them in the house and took over raising duties.

They sleep in her bathroom at night but get turned loose during the day if someone is home. All litterbox trained and waiting to go to good homes.

They have adapted well. 

Although I am a dog guy, they are kinda fun to watch play.

IMG_20220508_194604117.thumb.jpg.1d087377048ba162255cb8bb1b64a4b5.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sandhiller said:

New cat, first time mom had a litter in the chicken coop.

Great place but something got her, from bobcats to owls. Very hard to keep cats out here, especially if they hunt at night.

Anyway, little cats had their eyes open but wold not survive outside. So, mother brought them in the house and took over raising duties.

They sleep in her bathroom at night but get turned loose during the day if someone is home. All litterbox trained and waiting to go to good homes.

They have adapted well. 

Although I am a dog guy, they are kinda fun to watch play.

IMG_20220508_194604117.thumb.jpg.1d087377048ba162255cb8bb1b64a4b5.jpg

There’s days when I don’t want to come out into the world too. Lotsa crazy these days… 

• Haha 4