The Deere of the Future

jeeper61

And it looks like it is battery powered.  At least it won't happen beyond concept in my lifetime.

• Like 1

I don’t get the concept of the cab at all. Shouldn’t every function of that machine be able to be manipulated from a laptop remotely? I mean, if you had to be close to it you could sit in your pick up truck  with just a laptop. I don’t know if you need a stationary cab with a rearview mirrors and headlights specifically

• Like 1

I couldn't afford one and wouldn't want one but if I did I would want some sort of operators station. Preferably enclosed. Electronics can go hay wire but you might be able to manually run it and save some downtime. And there could be situations you'd rather be on it. Jmo

I'll say ugly again plus looks to me it would have more safety hazvardous problems rhen what is all ready here

I don't think the idea is too far fetched. Will we see them next year or in ten years, probably not but who knows.

One hundred years ago tractor farming was still a new thing. If you showed a farmer from back then what today's tractors and equipment would be capable of they probably wouldn't believe it.

I could see something like that working really well on a manure injector. One guy could man the frac tank and pump and keep tabs on the robot tractor but once they got it programmed it should be able to do its job just fine. Finding somebody to drive the tractor pulling the injector bar is the hardest position to fill on those crews because it is a very boring job. I'm sure there are other places it would work, any place where a task that doesn't require much operator input. Maybe a finish pass ahead of the planter while the planter operator oversees it.

As far as looks go, yeah, its nothing more than a big green box. I'm not too keen on how any of the modern tractors look nowadays.

The front mounted cab that is picked up by the front hitch is an interesting idea except for the horrible view of the implement. I mean you can’t even see the hitch. I suppose a camera would solve this problem but it so then why would you need a cab. If you’re going to watch the implements on a screen you can probably just sit at a laptop. 

Two words: 

Eff that.

(Regardless of the manufacturer.)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

Two words: 

Eff that.

(Regardless of the manufacturer.)

Might as well write us clear out of the script.  We'll just be useless eaters.

A few days ago at the local deere dealer sales guy had a video of a autonomous diesel tractor working a field, they put large objects in the field the tractor would stop and call in then proceed after being told what to do. I asked if Deere had those on the sales menu he said not at this time. Run it 24 hrs a day,  less equipment to own, less employee's to pay.

2 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

The front mounted cab that is picked up by the front hitch is an interesting idea except for the horrible view of the implement. I mean you can’t even see the hitch. I suppose a camera would solve this problem but it so then why would you need a cab. If you’re going to watch the implements on a screen you can probably just sit at a laptop. 

Have to drive the unit to the field some how,  setup your boundary pass then put it to work.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stronger800 said:

I don’t get the concept of the cab at all. Shouldn’t every function of that machine be able to be manipulated from a laptop remotely? I mean, if you had to be close to it you could sit in your pick up truck  with just a laptop. I don’t know if you need a stationary cab with a rearview mirrors and headlights specifically

As all things computer controlled, sometimes you’re going to need a BFH to shut it down… awfully hard to do by sitting in your pickup. 
I can see the headlines now, “Farmer kills family of 5 with rogue tractor “ ALL robotic tractors must be banned, make America safe again “

but then again, with everything being made in a laboratory, there won’t be a need for these.

4 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Is this any better?

5AFDF966-ABB0-41FF-9AEF-4492CD6E7F76.jpeg

81BFBD74-52A5-4A35-972A-20E93D8ABD86.png

Yes 

The color is more soothing to me but I may be biased 

And it has a more conventional layout 

Now if they add the sound of a turbo inline Six and some burned diesel smell it might do it for me when I'm in the nursing home  

Well it’s hard to find reliable help anymore. These autonomous tractors can just keep on working with one person managing a few at a time. 

Paris just pulled their new EV buses out of service after two of them blew up. I would actually like to know how many letters/emails Deere gets asking for an Auto/EV tractor

10 hours ago, Takn4aFool said:

looks like high speed farming will be a thing of the past

So you will need two of them to do the same work that one fuel burner did.

They could work 24 hours a day if they didn't need recharging.

Watch that dim the lights and spin the REA meter when you plug that in?

9 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Might as well write us clear out of the script.  We'll just be useless eaters.

Honestly I think the future looks very sad and meaningless if one chooses to conform to what will be pushed on us by the tech industry. Millions and millions of people are going to find themselves obsolete replaced in every way by automation and AI.  There will be very  small class of people considered useful such as engineers, techies, a few limited jobs such as doctors that still require in person services, and of COURSE politicians.  The rest?  Probably will be on a universal basic income and live off the government and told to be happy with it.

Unfortunately I dont see much ti change this, progress ALWAYS wins, but as an individual or a family we can choose how much we partake in it with our lifestyle living "off the grid"

Posts above show a lot of interest in their cab 

Soooo

Saw these new cab pics leaked.......😉

279182022_3312480732408348_8352671574622756047_n.jpg.e84e14ba288356e44026b8d11cb2f15c.jpg

• Like 1