Floods and drought

acem

I know alot of y'all are having a terrible drought. I feel for you.

I just wish I could send some of this water your way.

It just keeps raining. It will quit for a few days then start again before I can get any field work done. I'm rolling ground (in standing water) that I should disk but can't. 

If it doesn't change I'll have to water seed my rice again.

And the Arkansas river is flooding again...

Y'all come get all the water you can carry!

Thx-Ace 

I hear you. Last summer, we were so dry we only got one crop of hay. Now, this spring, we are about three weeks late compared to last spring because of the cold and snow/rain.

Everywhere I was this week was rain, and lots of it. I don’t think I drove 100 miles without the wipers on. 

4 hours ago, acem said:

I know alot of y'all are having a terrible drought. I feel for you.

I just wish I could send some of this water your way.

It just keeps raining. It will quit for a few days then start again before I can get any field work done. I'm rolling ground (in standing water) that I should disk but can't. 

If it doesn't change I'll have to water seed my rice again.

And the Arkansas river is flooding again...

Y'all come get all the water you can carry!

Thx-Ace 

NW Washington  Same thing here. Just like last fall harvest. not a lot of rain just enough shut us down. Managed to get 350 ac of spring wheat in, not as much as I hoped, will switch to barley.  In last 2 weeks only 125 ac spuds planted, no spinach, no beans, no grass seed. Clock keeps on ticking.

I just saw 3 emergency responder vehicles haul ass by pulling boats....

Our floods don't last here as the hills give plenty of places for the water to go but if your caught in it it will be fast moving and dangerous.

Our smaller rivers are all flooded now and the Missouri is on the rise, looks like some June planting again this year.We have had over 3 inches with some places west of us getting 6" plus, and it is still raining. I sure wish we could save some of it for July and August or send it to some of you folks that need it.

A friend has a saying " four weeks of planting,😆four weeks of harvesting 😆and 44 weeks of BIT..ING about the weather🥵

• Like 1

run off from snow melt is starting to ease

still lots of wet spots

got the frost seeding in on 2 of the pastures 

finishing up the sprayer so I can get the fertilizer applied just before green up

hope this helps with the hay crop this year

last years crop was poor

Mike

By the way the creeks looked yesterday, I’m guessing that we had 2+“ and it’s raining here again this morning. I would be happy to share with you guys who are needing it.