scrap price?

pt756

I  want the mowers,did 1000s of acres with those +- 3/4 throttle and 6" +,        +- tank /hr when gas was gas

clock or wind rope start,but toss the mid series wa wa in the front

Of course prices are going to go down! People hear that scrap is high so they flood the yards with scrap. It's called supply and demand. Demand stays the same, but supply increases, price goes down.

They can make whatever excuses they want, blame it on some person in some office somewhere, but the reality is it is simple supply and demand.

9 hours ago, mmi said:

I  want the mowers,did 1000s of acres with those +- 3/4 throttle and 6" +,        +- tank /hr when gas was gas

clock or wind rope start,but toss the mid series wa wa in the front

mmi, the mowers are yours if you come and get 'em. The engines are B&S and are not stuck, beyond that, don't know a thing about them.

Just got a small dumpster  its a load and haul yourself thing ...I'll slowly fill it and hope it covers gas money. Just nit dumping wire on the ground is worth it.

This weekend us "large garbage day" here in town where theres no size limits.  The scumbags come flocking like flies on crap to dig through the piles for metal.  Usually a bunch if rusted out junk trucks running around piled to the cab with stuff.  

I've never understood how it pays to drive around to scrounge a few hundred lbs of metal (most stuff is tin/sheet)  but I guess if your on relief and need drug or beer money.....  

My latest clean-up project. The old grainery is loosing the roof and hasn't been used in probably 30 years, it's ready to be drug to the burn pile. The lean-to behind it is even worse. It dawned on me that I could just throw all the junk wood in the grainery and only have to make one trip! The tin will go in the roll-off along with the light scrap. Had a bunch of cyclo parts in the grainery and a few things worth keeping in the lean-to. Everything worth keeping has been moved to other old crappy buildings except the Cadet, it's going home with the uncle next time he's up.

I don't think Dad ever took any salvage to a yard. He just made a pile somewhere. I started 'cleaning-up' after coming home from my brief stint in Mn. in 2009. Still chipping away at this but getting closer.

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

• Like 2

All of this negative news on the scrap market makes me more nervous than when my bins would be full of unsold soybeans--------and the market would be locked down the limit.

Noting that I have my 4 wheeler trailer loaded with 4--5 years worth of aluminum cans!!!:blink:

We did get a little scrap iron moved from the shop yard.

Funny-----how just 2 or 3 days later you want a piece of scrap that just caught a ride on the last truck!!!;)

DD

If I were closer I would come for the Lawnboy!  I just resurrected a model 3750 last weekend.  Cleaned the carb and gas tank and it runs like a clock!  Great lawnmowers.

9 hours ago, DT Fan said:

mmi, the mowers are yours if you come and get 'em. The engines are B&S and are not stuck, beyond that, don't know a thing about them.

here every kid that took engine shop needed 2-3

my days of walking ,acre for $2 (1-2x /mo to save $)are gone.  handle, deck steel/bearing wheels are actually worth more.

we use to ride scrap day and trade x- for y and or supplies. Now migs can fix that $5

look like 65-72 series ,real 3 hp and torque ,strap anything on for a blade, rpm at 2k up to 6" wouldn't need but 2 fills/hr.

bought out the last parts warehouse in '93,have all tools and 3' of manuals.     most parts now used 3x

2 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

If I were closer I would come for the Lawnboy!  I just resurrected a model 3750 last weekend.  Cleaned the carb and gas tank and it runs like a clock!  Great lawnmowers.

have 4-5 on back shelf......too good for scrap .BUT....no good for anything else. MUSEUM...

maybe zozia or bermuda grass 10x/yr  or union golf course FLAT green, EVERY morning, they are perfect pulsed cut next to a reel.

otherwise real grass under 2" every 3 days once 100% dry.  NEVER fertilize.

WA .A...WA. A.. WA..A. WA.A.. I have low and lower hp/speed and need more gas than a 560.

cant imagine what 0 oil and meth would do to one

I only cut a 4" pass over 3"high and plug every 50'  need shut down and raked out every 100' when wet.And thats ONLY possible with the full OPEN baffle . flood while doing this and vapor lock on hot days..scissors are faster. Yard MUST be power raked after dry.

My DA 3.5 wheel design is SUUUPER safe.

My bagger is a joke, if I dont roll over ,it holds 1 round of the yard, only 60 rounds to go, falls off, tears ,zipper clogged or worn out, AND !!! destroys every flower or shrub yard art ,on that side.

If I am equipped with $$$ power drive ,stock NEW slicks and seed for the yard divots, arent 3.5 wheels and a counterweight GREAT.

The "commercial" rear bag super fuel tankers 2.5 g where ALL gone here before '85/88

NOW when W put that same engine with actual throttle and governor, on the first commercial weed eaters in '76 you had something,until the bent drive shaft and govt  did them in like the 5.7

• 1 month later...

It was a lot of work but the lean-to and grainery are gone! Still a bit of clean-up to do. I like the view! Hooked the 856 on to move it to the summer resting spot before it goes down to the burn pile after harvest. The 'ol girl knew there was something back there.

IMG_1450.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing.  How long did that cadet sit to sink down like that?