What is this guy doing?

For the past 3 rainy days this guys been here every morning rating something in out grass at least an hour he is out there eating small things now chomping n chewing so has to be small - slugs - snails - earthworms? Then Mr Hbird is up early too. We have had two new birds at our feeders in past two days also - A western tanager and a summer tanager - orioles hv been making it through also 

20220505_062914.jpg

20220505_062646.jpg

20220505_062659.jpg

20220505_061928.jpg

• Like 2

They eat everything from grasshoppers to ducks, that one looks young to me, but it could be the photo. 
really pretty animals, but I sure don’t want one around. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TomH said:

Could be newborn rabbits. 

He's walking towards New England. Looking for ducks.

My guess is frogs.

I agree that they're really cool. I like seeing them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KWRB said:

He's walking towards New England. Looking for ducks.

He’s going to get ventilated if he makes it here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

grubs/voles/moles etc forced up by the water table.

here they are in the barn yard at 3pm or 50' behind mower looking for anything kicked up.

in the hot months it is rt hawks on the various farms,every 4-5 yrs may be an eagle to.

3 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

He’s going to get ventilated if he makes it here. 

not likely,unless bird shot here.     no profile unless near something wanted

• Like 1

oh interesting thanks for the info my guess is grubs or frogs then, nothing dug up, mice n voles no evidence and no chewing like a rabbit or big field mouse etc, whatever it is has to be small to slide down - probably young yes, not much of a pretty tail yet either 

maybe he will eat my cat id rather have a new one my wife wont let me get rid of the one we have and he is the worst outside cat i have ever had - had a bunch over the years and he tops them all, incontinent, climbs on cars and pukes all over, craps n pees all over but supposedly that is not uncommon for Manx due to some kind of genetic spinal thing and why they dont have a tail - he was a freebie rescue - i wish he would run away 

4 hours ago, int 504 said:

Saw 4 bald eagles today. Got my chickens under a truck.

oh nooooooooooo i had a dog have a face off with an eagle that chased down a goose my buddys wounded and landed out on the ice about 3/8 of a mile on the lake, dog didnt know any better - labe went running out there and the eagle had already secured the goose - my lab thot hey thats my goose and run up there like he owned the lake and the eagle fortunately backed off. i was worried but my lab never missed a beat, glad it wasnt a showdown - got the goose !!!!

Probably eating worms and grubs. Foxes eat whatever they can find. Funny thing you want to get rid of your cat, cat meat makes the best predator bait for trapping. Just saying...

• Like 1