I will try to update as I see stuff, buy stuff or try stuff, sometimes the simplest tools make the biggest difference day to day. I thought I would use this to share some of my favorites. this week I will show off what is possibly my favorite tool I use every day, it may be the most rudimentary one on my belt, but just feels right . 
Stiletto 10 oz smooth face finish hammer, this is my second, I snapped the claw off the first one. They don take twisting sideways on big spikes. As I am usually driving staples, this works perfectly for me. It handles 16d just fine but I would choose the framer if I were doing more of that. 
https://www.stiletto.com/p/ti10-smoothcurve-hickory/FH10C

9F7C2ACA-4666-43D2-A822-41F52BAB0E7B.jpeg

Yesterday’s tool was the idiot driver ahead of me driving 10 mph below the speed limit, and then not using his turn signal when he decided to turn 🤬

Unfortunately, it’s all too common 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

Yesterday’s tool was the idiot driver ahead of me driving 10 mph below the speed limit, and then not using his turn signal when he decided to turn 🤬

Unfortunately, it’s all too common 

So that seems to happen all the time 

• Like 1

Hate to say it but now being in management mine is my phone, strangely enough yesterday forgot it at home for the first time in 7 years...felt wonderful 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hardtail said:

Hate to say it but now being in management mine is my phone, strangely enough yesterday forgot it at home for the first time in 7 years...felt wonderful 

It's near daily I swear I'm gonna throw that sumbitch across the street. Between car warrantee expiration, surveys, free property appraisals with buyer's waiting, etc. I'd prefer to be without it. 

• Like 1

6" adjustable wrench has rode along in my right front pocket for 30 years, it's kinda like me, about wore out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

6" adjustable wrench has rode along in my right front pocket for 30 years, it's kinda like me, about wore out.

......ditto here, CIHTECH...but tragedy struck about three weeks ago....my six inch Crescent that my jeans over the years  carried....is gone ...I searched but could not find it..amazing what things one could do with that little Crescent....

...an old friend gave me a 'foreign ' branded copy...to relieve me of ''my ongoing misery''...as he put it...but I could never' bond' with some chinese made thing...as I did with my Jamestown NY  , Crescents...!!!\

Mike

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I used this to mark the edges of the vinyl flooring I installed on the back porch.  Worked great!Screenshot_20220504-123834_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f3812cdf5cbad99d742d87abbd731da2.jpg

I live in a log cabin, i want one of those that is 4’ long! 

55 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I used this to mark the edges of the vinyl flooring I installed on the back porch.  Worked great!Screenshot_20220504-123834_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f3812cdf5cbad99d742d87abbd731da2.jpg

I bought one of those too.  Useful, but doesn't have the resolution of the old ones with the metal wires.

Dibble bar or planting bar.  One can plant quite a few bare root trees per hour by themselves if conditions are right.

KIMG1393.JPG

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Binderoid said:

Here is a tool that’s fun to look at and wonder what it doesA6B51752-0768-4BC6-A5FD-5FF0570B22CD.thumb.jpeg.2b28e4c9e160c5606efc6edee912d71e.jpeg

Looks like it pulls the chrome lug nut covers off my truck wheels

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

Wait a minute, I know it's for removal of the chrome lug nut covers lol. I used to work at a truck shop and knew it went to something. 

That's an older and better than new one there. The newer "OTC" branded ones are black vinyl covered and flimsy in construction. I've bent two pairs of them getting covers off rusted lug nuts. 

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

That's an older and better than new one there. The newer "OTC" branded ones are black vinyl covered and flimsy in construction. I've bent two pairs of them getting covers off rusted lug nuts. 

I hated those things with a passion, especially when they would fill them full of home silicone and stick them on there. Son of a gun I would get pissed. 

51 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

I hated those things with a passion, especially when they would fill them full of home silicone and stick them on there. Son of a gun I would get pissed. 

You ain't lying there. I've driven a punch or screwdriver through dozens of them over the years to get a slide hammer attached to yank the effn things off of the nuts. 

Had my fair share of grinding/thinning the sides out of them too to split them for removal. Grease, rather than silicone works very well in keeping them dry and the water out and they don't stick near as bad. 

• Like 1

This is my favourite little hammer, 8oz, I use it often, mostly for center punching and wheel weights on steel rims, had the 16 and 32 oz matching hammers for a while but lost them to forgetting them sitting on top a rear leaf spring

IMG_0425.thumb.JPG.59b43bf60c16e627a56125098b7c6a1f.JPG

I used this 3 pound blacksmith hammer for years, got it used in a lot of tools when I was 12, being bitter about loosing my 32oz ball peen around the age of 21 and cheap about buying a new hammer, I used this blacksmith hammer daily as my big one until around the age of 33

IMG_0426.thumb.JPG.14259965bd61afa93034a81eac9a4555.JPG

I like the Snap On composite dead blow ball peen hammers, but held back on buying one, mainly because the biggest one is 40oz an has a normal length handle, I didn't see it as a upgrade to the blacksmith hammer in functionality, especially at $190, one day on the Matco truck I saw this beauty, 48oz dead blow ball peen, long handle, $100, it's a good one, holding it is how God must feel when he holds a hammer

IMG_0427.thumb.JPG.12fb3ede7ae6d99bd530f84fb2fd6d13.JPG

• Haha 1

6” curve jaw genuine Vice-Grip. Been riding in my pocket for many years.