IH 420 plow behind an M

I have a cornhusker 3 point that I am thinking about installing on my M.  I have access to a 420 3 point 3 bottom plow.   Would this be a fun quality setup or am I wasting my time?    Would I need a lighter plow like a 209 or 309??

Would it plow?  

Thanks. 

What size plow is it? 3-12, 3-14, 3-16, 3-18?

my opinion, depending on soil & topography, 3-14 would properly be the limit.

You would need to control the hitch, with a two way valve with a float detent and stop collars on the cylinder(s) to keep the hitch from going too far down. Probably work for a little garden plowing for fun on fairly level ground. I am assuming like most 3 point set ups that it attaches to the axle housings with the draw bar supports. The existing swinging draw bar attaches underneath the transmission housing and is the designed pull point. The three point will put the pull on the axle housings, which seem pretty strong but I wouldn't see how hard I could pull on them.

Stop collars as depth control will not work with fully mounted plow. Front wheels running over any rise will drop rear of plow to deep to pull. Any depression will lift rear of plow out of ground. BTDT.