Help needed with 1966 V-222 Road Tractor

Pca16

I am in need of some help. I recently purchased a 1966 V-222 road tractor and I can not figure out the shift pattern. I have a Mack A-30 but this is way different. It seems that first is far right and up with reverse under it. Then maybe 2-3 to the far left then I can't figure them out from there. It has a split rear-end. The owner died and the seller could not shift it either. I actually drove it back to save the transmission. Any help is appreciated. It appears that it has a T-62 transmission ? Thank you.

I drove one Ford that had some basta#d designer such that the pattern ended up 4L 5L 4H 5H. Some careful investigation on a deserted road or parking lot with truck empty would be a good idea.

Thank you for all the help. It appears that its the 5-A-620 pattern. I was driving it home tonight and the cab filled with smoke, lots of oil on the inside of the firewall and valve cover. I had to leave it in Williamsport PA. Any club mechanics in that area? Ugh.

the 5-a is same from kb7 /red 450

recall lock lever for low/5

and have a dodge that needs one ,o/d is 1/2 tooth from rev at 65

been in a f-9 ,15 gears in no order,and h/l /d ,load/empty roll/pulling added 3 x to the clutching or not

On 5/5/2022 at 3:27 PM, int 504 said:

I drove one Ford that had some basta#d designer such that the pattern ended up 4L 5L 4H 5H. Some careful investigation on a deserted road or parking lot with truck empty would be a good idea.

Every 3 ton grain truck with 2spd rear end I’ve ever seen or driven has this pattern. Most of the time I just skip 5L.