UAW goes on strike at Magnum plant

acem

7 minutes ago, SDman said:

Art, in all seriousness, Cameron has been our dealership's main depot since it opened over 15 years ago. It replaced our former depot from St. Paul, which was a former IH depot and was UAW(union). When Racine was on strike, St. Paul was usually on strike as well. My personal opinion is that Cameron does a better job than St. Paul ever did; granted its a much bigger depot. 

Is that true that Cameron is run at least in part by inmates? If it is I have heard it all now. Is that why customers aren’t allowed to go there and pick up parts? I really dislike not being able to pick up parts there like I could in Kansas City. 

14 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

Is that true that Cameron is run at least in part by inmates? If it is I have heard it all now. Is that why customers aren’t allowed to go there and pick up parts? I really dislike not being able to pick up parts there like I could in Kansas City. 

I guess I have no idea on that. We were told the reason for choosing Cameron was that it was in close proximity to both I35 and I29 Interstates to give good coverage to the Upper Midwest states. It was supposed to serve us like the superwarehouse/depot in Lebanon/Indianapolis serves all the dealerships in the eastern Corn Belt. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

A great idea, BUT, you know as well as I do, that someone, in some state agency, has found a way of lining their pocket off of the deal.  (And, IF "Cameron" is in Illinois, and since Illinois state government has a reputation for graft, well,)

generally it is the  !!!!!! CORRUPT !!!!! judge sentencing (or family) and CORRUPT politicians that OWN/OPERATE said "prison"

On 5/3/2022 at 2:54 PM, searcyfarms said:

id say so, if green paint gets more why not red and blue? if other things are harder to come by and cost more $$ why arent the tractors worth more $$ and breaking down the farmer if the cost of fert, availability of parts/supplies, you name it so we can tear things down even more for the farmer and consumer,  by all means someone strike up the band and get on it, UAW will be next so we can charge more for the electrics and delay cars and break the current companies because they cannot get chips, i call foul on that one - we can make chips for everything else but a car ? so we can turn them into GOV'T motors and cant build petro rigs anymore - its all part of the plan - we know high water will never come again so its true **** at our door. 

Really don't think any MFG want steady parts supplies.  Lot of money being made from "supply chain shortage"  whether short or not. IMO  at this point all Bullsh3t

22 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

@Art From Coleman I would like to see your information on cameron inmate workers at the plant - I have 3 family members that are 2 correctional officers at Cameron another in maintenance. My oldest sister just retired from there in past 6 mos after a 30 yr stint there in HR.

My former BIL retired from there about 3 yrs ago, he was the highest rank officer there in his group. My middle sister quit after 10 or 12 yrs and went to Boheringer in St Joe.

So I have had 3 sisters 3 BILs that work there and of the 3 I talked to this morning after they got off their shifts ( group text ) and my youngest sister tells me this morning THE ONLY inmates they let out for working for anyone is for the CITY of CAMERON and they let 4 out/day as needed and sometimes a 5th to do manual labor for the city. THATS IT. 

She said of course someone could have been released from prison that once was in the cameron facilities and got hired on there but they would of course NOT be classified as an inmate or imprisoned anylonger. 

There is only ONE prison open in cameron now. Its MAX for one section and MEDIUM on the other area. These are not the typical people they would let out to go do something most will never get out in their lifetime that are MAX. 

I can provide way more info than any of you want to hear about that place I have listened to it for over 30yrs. I call BS on the inmate workers at CNH in cameron. 

14 hours ago, 806 man said:

Really don't think any MFG want steady parts supplies.  Lot of money being made from "supply chain shortage"  whether short or not. IMO  at this point all Bullsh3t

IMHO, there is something to that.

Another thing that comes to mind is that we sold 3-4 Quads a few years ago to mainly Deere customers. According to them, red Quads were $80-100K cheaper than a comparable Deere at the time. I'm sure it didn't take CNH long to figure that out, so CNH raised their price accordingly. In the meantime, Deere upped their price accordingly; now its time for CNH to raise their price. Its a vicious cycle....

As to the comment above about Cat parts I can testify that it's completely true.I just got through this week with a 98 day rebuild of a 6NZ.Parts were almost nonexistent. I had to source at least 50% myself as Cat couldn't find them.No turbos,no cams,no rockers,no front covers,no injectors. I spent days on the phone calling dealers to find  this stuff. At least I still got my Cat warranty. Where did all the parts go? 

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.   Haven't heard a word on this anywhere if its any closer to getting resolved.  Its about a month now.  Seems that's about how long the JD strike was.  

The only thing that I heard is that CNH stopped paying health insurance for the workers that are on strike, but the UAW is covering them for now. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of information about what’s going on from CNH or the UAW.