Jump to content

Super C Tractor with rear remotes


TWB
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have remotes on their Super C tractor ?  I ordered a operator’s manual for my Super C tractor and looking through it I saw it can be equipped with rear remotes, call remote control. The picture show a Super C tractor pulling a 2 bottom plow with hydraulic cylinder on the plow. I was wondering how much trouble and cost it would be to add it to my Super C. I used to used the tractor for cultivating tobacco, but have not raise tobacco since 2014. Thinking about using it to pull my v-rake with it this summer. Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is a page from the C parts book showing what you need to get auxiliary hydraulics on a C.  Your best source would be salvage yards, swap meets, etc.

 Before diving in to this, you might check the hydraulic requirements of your rake.  The C hydraulics will have about 1500 psi max and only about 6 gallons per minute flow from a good pump.  The reservoir capacity is only 2 gallons.  Single acting cylinders could quickly run you out of oil.

Brian

87255FC2-31C5-4211-A55B-63DC88948996.thumb.jpeg.262e696170a669f91cd1a960bb72c151.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the information, my v-rake has a single 2 1/2 x 10 hydraulic cylinder that is single action and after looking up  a online calculator to figure the fluid volume in the cylinder extended, the hydraulic cylinder hold less than 1/4 of a gallon of hydraulic fluid. But probably does not have enough PSI to raise the rake. But I use this rake behind a MF 35 tractor built in 1962 before ( that tractor is down and needs a rear engine seal I think ). Just thinking I could come with a inexpensive way to put rear hydraulic outlets on the tractor and I would have a extra tractor when in the hay field. Again thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The function of the factory setup can be duplicated with a "bypass block" and standard hydraulic hoses and parts. We have a 2-spool setup on our Super C with one control for the fast hitch and one rear remote.

Additional oil capacity can be achieved through the use of an auxiliary reservoir. Extra oil flows from the reservoir into the fill port on the touch control, and back out to the reservoir.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could get a ratchet style mechanical hydraulic cylinder replacement for the time being. Be pretty inconvenient to raise and lower often but it would work for a few times 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surplus Center, current catalog is #295 2022 addition, is my go too place for non-stock tractor add-ons, or just hydraulics, stuff in general.

I have  no affiliation with these Folks but they always come through with what they say they will do.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Farmall C in this thread had a loader on it when I bought it. You can see the extra reservoir in front of the steering wheel along with the valve and remote. The plumbing is the same as described above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  What about a PTO driven pump?  I have a Char Lynn pump that has its own reservoir, it was used originally for a loader.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mike56073 said:

  What about a PTO driven pump?  I have a Char Lynn pump that has its own reservoir, it was used originally for a loader.

An old 1960 catalog gives these specs for the Char-Lynn pto pump:  1000 psi, and 12 gallons per minute.  Operating speed:  250 to 700 rpm.  2 1/2 gallon capacity.  Still probably not enough pressure.  Brian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2022 at 10:26 AM, Matt Kirsch said:

The function of the factory setup can be duplicated with a "bypass block" and standard hydraulic hoses and parts. We have a 2-spool setup on our Super C with one control for the fast hitch and one rear remote.

Additional oil capacity can be achieved through the use of an auxiliary reservoir. Extra oil flows from the reservoir into the fill port on the touch control, and back out to the reservoir.

I like your idea, simple and highly effective. Have you had trouble with it lifting things like a V rake or similar? Just curious, I would love to do more with our antiques but the hydraulics limit us so much that I cant use them as much as I want to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JaredT said:

I like your idea, simple and highly effective. Have you had trouble with it lifting things like a V rake or similar? Just curious, I would love to do more with our antiques but the hydraulics limit us so much that I cant use them as much as I want to. 

Can't say how much it will lift because I've only ever used it to steer a tandem rake hitch. The Super C does have a higher pressure hydraulic system than the H and M's belly pump so it should lift more.

We never used the C in the field because it doesn't go fast enough in 3rd and doesn't have enough power to do anything in 4th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

According to OP Manual, SC can lift 1,000# with the Utility Carrier...

My SC doesn't have any problem lifting C-20 2 bottom Fast Hitch plow.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you do not have fast hitch adding the fast hitch valving would be the easiest way.  If it does have fast hitch using a ratcheting style connector in place of the fast hitch cylinder and using the hydraulics and cylinder to provide a hydraulic remote seems like it would work great.

 

I have wanted to add a selector valve to my Super C to allow the both of the above, a rear remote and fast hitch.  Still need to get to that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

If you do not have fast hitch adding the fast hitch valving would be the easiest way.  If it does have fast hitch using a ratcheting style connector in place of the fast hitch cylinder and using the hydraulics and cylinder to provide a hydraulic remote seems like it would work great.

 

I have wanted to add a selector valve to my Super C to allow the both of the above, a rear remote and fast hitch.  Still need to get to that

Do you have a 209 or 230 also?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All the the replies have gave me ideas of how to add remotes to my Super C, specially the the bypass block. I looked up what a bypass block for my Super C and it looked like it goes between the pump and the head that the hydraulic lines going to the hydraulic lift for the a cultivator mounted on a Super C tractor ( I hope i explaining this clearly or the is the right way I understand it from pictures I seen ). Then the bypass block will let me run a hydraulic hoses to a single hydraulic valve for my rear remotes. Question, does the bypass block let me run a return line back to it or does the return line need to go to a another place ? Forgive me if I misunderstood this or correct me if I wrong. Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TWB said:

All the the replies have gave me ideas of how to add remotes to my Super C, specially the the bypass block. I looked up what a bypass block for my Super C and it looked like it goes between the pump and the head that the hydraulic lines going to the hydraulic lift for the a cultivator mounted on a Super C tractor ( I hope i explaining this clearly or the is the right way I understand it from pictures I seen ). Then the bypass block will let me run a hydraulic hoses to a single hydraulic valve for my rear remotes. Question, does the bypass block let me run a return line back to it or does the return line need to go to a another place ? Forgive me if I misunderstood this or correct me if I wrong. Thanks 

It also takes different lines than without the auxiliary valve 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2022 at 6:18 AM, bitty said:

Do you have a 209 or 230 also?

I do have a 230, which needs a second valve added to it.  
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AKwelder said:

I do have a 230, which needs a second valve added to it.  
 

 

PM sent. I'll look at my parts pile ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bitty said:

PM sent. I'll look at my parts pile ....

PM’s you back. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...