Happens fast

706 German

I don’t post much but just thought I would share what happened to me the other day. 
Day started out normal heading to work after doing a few things around the yard and taking the new dog out. Stopped at a stop sign and had a water bottle laying on my passenger seat that rolled on the floor. I remember thinking to myself just leave it alone you don’t need it. Mile and a half down the road instincts took over and I reached down to grab it and felt the pickup lunge to the left as my leg hit the steering wheel. Looked up and I was heading for the ditch. I didn’t roll and I don’t have a scratch on me but I hit the ground hard. They airlifted me to Sioux Falls where they determined I crushed L1 vertebrae in my back. The neuro surgeon elected not to do surgery and sent me home with a fitted back brace for the next 3 months. I am alive and very fortunate that nothing worse happened and I have a great group of friends and family that will put my crop in for me. 

Moral of the story- I am 35 years old have a wife and 4 kids and granted my life has changed greatly for the short term it could have been over just for a bottle of water. 

It happens in the blink of an eye. 

Please be safe. 

• Like 2

Wow, i am very glad it wasn’t worse, you have much to live for. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

• Like 2

Never hurts to be reminded from time to time with stories such as yours.

Very glad it wasn't worse and wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

• Like 1

Praise God for avoiding worse outcomes

• Like 2