2 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

They don't list anything newer than 66 series. Neither does Brillman.

With how few 6X88s were made I'd expect the dealer would be your only choice. 

Guess I'd call anyway. Maybe he's got the plans but sees no reason to list it for sale. 

4 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

Guess I'd call anyway. Maybe he's got the plans but sees no reason to list it for sale. 

Seems like he'd be cutting his nose off to spite his face if that were the case. Why would you not advertise such a thing?

The website is very curt and specific, "This is what we have," literally period.

30 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Seems like he'd be cutting his nose off to spite his face if that were the case. Why would you not advertise such a thing?

The website is very curt and specific, "This is what we have," literally period.

Because having the plans, and putting time and money into making it the part and stocking it, are 2 different things.

Call Agri -Services in Alden New York or look them up online they show them and as new as the magnums and 9000 series Steigers. I have used their harnesses numerous times on restorations and they are excellent quality and look exactly the same as the originals. 716-937-6618   wiringharnesses.com

Porch's often do "non-listed" harnesses.   I was in the shop the other day and they had a big box labeled 4166 - clear full of a old harness set somebody wanted duplicated.

22 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

They don't list anything newer than 66 series. Neither does Brillman.

With how few 6X88s were made I'd expect the dealer would be your only choice. 

I'm not sure what site you are looking at but Porch does have harnesses for the 33/35/3788 2+2's. http://www.porchelectric.com/int84misc.php#:~:text=International 2 %2B 2 Models 3388-3588-3788

25 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

I'm not sure what site you are looking at but Porch does have harnesses for the 33/35/3788 2+2's. http://www.porchelectric.com/int84misc.php#:~:text=International 2 %2B 2 Models 3388-3588-3788

Quoted directly from: http://www.porchelectric.com/catalog.php

No mention of 86 or 88 series anywhere. So it's under "84 series" then? Why not give the 86 and 88 series their own category? If it's not something they normally stock, "We build these harnesses on demand so there is a minimum of X weeks lead time." Easy.

If I was looking at this website, they lost me as a customer because what I wanted wasn't listed and it's unclear that further digging would be of any use.

5 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

No mention of 86 or 88 series anywhere. So it's under "84 series" then? Why not give the 86 and 88 series their own category? If it's not something they normally stock, "We build these harnesses on demand so there is a minimum of X weeks lead time." Easy.

If I was looking at this website, they lost me as a customer because what I wanted wasn't listed and it's unclear that further digging would be of any use.

Yes, the organization of the models definitely needs improvement. I can attest that Eric will build what a person needs, that's who did all the harnesses for my Hydro 186. If a customer couldn't find something, they could either call or email. 

15 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Sounds like you should be a website designer in addition to a partsman.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Nebraska1206 said:

Sounds like you should be a website designer in addition to a partsman.......

Website analyst. I'm not good with a blank slate, but I can take something that exists and come up with 100 constructive ways to improve, simplify, streamline it.

Just gotta find someone to pay me for it.

4 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

If a customer couldn't find something, they could either call or email.

They could, but what kind of hand grenade are you pulling the pin on there with these cottage industries? More than once in my experience, the phone has been answered by an overworked cranky old man who is instantly pi**ed at you for interrupting his work, OR his underappreciated wife of 50 years who takes out her frustrations with her husband on you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Website analyst. I'm not good with a blank slate, but I can take something that exists and come up with 100 constructive ways to improve, simplify, streamline it.

They could, but what kind of hand grenade are you pulling the pin on there with these cottage industries? More than once in my experience, the phone has been answered by an overworked cranky old man who is instantly pi**ed at you for interrupting his work, OR his underappreciated wife of 50 years who takes out her frustrations with her husband on you.

So what are your ideas smart guy? Nothing ventured is nothing gained so if you don't ask you don't know if someone has what you need or not or will possibly gladly cover your need.

Everyone has a off day.( I bet you do too) but i rarely get lit up like you descibe and i am not always the easiest to get along with. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

The porch electric website catalog absolutely sucks! Its probably super convenient if you know exactly what part number your harness is, but I didn't, and wasn't going to spend an hour searching for it.

So I called, and a polite lady answered and when I explained to her that I had no clue what part number I needed she gave me Eric,  and he politely answered with every number I needed, 5 minute phone call.

• Like 2

I just happen to know.....that the person who setup Porch's website moved on to another job, and Janet & Eric simply haven't had an opportunity recently to update the site.   All you good folks are keeping them REALLY busy building tractor harnesses!  I'll mention this to Eric next time I see him.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

I am not insulting you, but I have had lots of people tell me how to improve my business. In the 20+ years i have been in business, i have had many suggestions for improvement, most weren't bad ideas either. Problem is there is no time for most of it.  I have a 60+ hour week already ( a lot that are over 80 ), adding more time results in burnout and crankiness. Ironically those complaining always know how to run a business but never own one.

I have bought from Eric, very pleasant and personable, it is also rare to talk to the owner and that gets my respect that he takes the time to answer the phone when there is a problem. Lastly websites can be a real pain to update, maintain and keep secure, much less pricey. 

Before bad mouthing someone, please walk a mile in their shoes. Simple fixes aren't always simple, on a website and an old tractor. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JaredT said:

I am not insulting you, but I have had lots of people tell me how to improve my business. In the 20+ years i have been in business, i have had many suggestions for improvement, most weren't bad ideas either. Problem is there is no time for most of it.  I have a 60+ hour week already ( a lot that are over 80 ), adding more time results in burnout and crankiness. Ironically those complaining always know how to run a business but never own one.

I have bought from Eric, very pleasant and personable, it is also rare to talk to the owner and that gets my respect that he takes the time to answer the phone when there is a problem. Lastly websites can be a real pain to update, maintain and keep secure, much less pricey. 

Before bad mouthing someone, please walk a mile in their shoes. Simple fixes aren't always simple, on a website and an old tractor. 

X2. Agree with you 110%. Been running my own show for enough years now this is exactly what I’ve found. I only wish I could find enough time to make everything as good as I know it should be. If I could find enough quality employees to do all the work I could have a near perfect business. Until that happens it’s a balance of prioritizing getting the work done, training the employees I do have, looking after paperwork, and trying to fit in improvements where time and budget allows.  

4 hours ago, midnightman said:

X2. Agree with you 110%. Been running my own show for enough years now this is exactly what I’ve found. I only wish I could find enough time to make everything as good as I know it should be. If I could find enough quality employees to do all the work I could have a near perfect business. Until that happens it’s a balance of prioritizing getting the work done, training the employees I do have, looking after paperwork, and trying to fit in improvements where time and budget allows.  

I have found that all it takes to do things exactly like they should be done is money. Of which, there is never enough. I think too many people confuse someone having so much work that they are running around like their hair is on fire with having so much money they don’t know what to do with it. Having loads of work is easy, having enough money to keep things going from said work is hard. Very few call and want to hire someone to do something without acknowledging the fact that the reason they want to hire them is that they can’t do it themselves for whatever reason. I can’t do it, but I know you charge too much, take too long, etc, etc. Just my personal experiences. 

• Like 1

They are stellar people to work with.   They missed a small harness for my 656 when I was rushing to finish it up for the Roundup in Des Moines.   Overnight delivery of the missing link kept the project on track!