Found some old newspapers doing a remodel of my house

Reichow7120

Remodeling the upstairs of my house and while pulling up some old linoleum found these 2 complete newspapers from May 1943. Thought they were interesting enough to share 

20220418_092111.jpg

20220418_092106.jpg

20220418_091817.jpg

20220418_091805.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You know what always strikes me about old newspapers? The people in the pictures always look like they got up in the morning and got dressed, combed their hair, then began their day. You don’t see that as much anymore, bunch of lumps walking around looking like unmade beds. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

You know what always strikes me about old newspapers? The people in the pictures always look like they got up in the morning and got dressed, combed their hair, then began their day. You don’t see that as much anymore, bunch of lumps walking around looking like unmade beds. 

That’s because people had self respect and a moral compass. They knew(without a doubt) right from wrong. 
And, honest to goodness they knew if they were male or female…

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

In their pajama pants and six different hair colours.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

That’s because people had self respect and a moral compass. They knew(without a doubt) right from wrong. 

Although sometimes others couldn’t tell😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

And they had their azzes beat if they didn’t look presentable because that reflected poorly on the family!

or was that just ours?

in our first house I found the previous owners report card for grade school and a “I like IKE” button

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

Any mention of the American planes deliberately targeting schools, churches, and hospitals?  How about American troops killing babies, and committing  other atrocities against the civilian population?

IF not, my, how the MEDIA has changed.

And, one would NEVER see the word "Patriot" used as the name of a 'newspaper' any more.

Not completely gone yet.

3700059D-E649-4195-ADE2-013D8DFEF556.jpeg

On 4/30/2022 at 4:51 PM, Sledgehammer said:

Back when the news was trustworthy and the only agenda was the destruction of evil. 

Like that story they told about eating carrots being good for your eyesight?  But, at least that was  linked to the effort of destroying evil. Always going to be a certain amount of propaganda in the news. It's being able to sort through it that counts.  One thing that was different back then, was having to use news print to help keep the drafts out.......but that might come full circle too.  I wonder how many cell phones it would take to cover a living room floor, or how good of an insulator they are.

An old friend of mine asked me to come look at his house air conditioner one time. 
It was an old two story built back in the days of plaster and lath with no insulation. Of course his complaint was terribly high electric bills. I asked him if he had ever been in the attic to check if it had any insulation . “No” he said.  Up i went, found a big box too heavy to lift full of German War era Nazi Paraphernalia, flags, SS arm patches, black and white pictures of Nazi  atrocities,  death camp photos from Auschwitz in Occupied Poland,Dachau in Bavaria, Manowitz. 
Various 8 by 10 photos of Holocaust victims, 

it was sickening. I wish i would have never seen those pictures.  We threw the whole box in the garbage.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:57 AM, lorenzo said:

found a big box too heavy to lift full of German War era Nazi Paraphernalia, flags, SS arm patches, black and white pictures of Nazi  atrocities,  death camp photos from Auschwitz in Occupied Poland,Dachau in Bavaria, Manowitz. 
Various 8 by 10 photos of Holocaust victims, 

it was sickening. I wish i would have never seen those pictures.  We threw the whole box in the garbage.

Probably worth some money if it came up for sale.

Never know what is stashed away in an attic.....