Jump to content

Rear wheel weight part numbers


Recommended Posts

This is the list I have...not sure if there is anything else to add.

 

6818D solid outside cast

6818DA solid center cast

366 109 R1 Split for clamp wheels

366 109 R2 Split for clamp wheels nicer cast

400 078 R1 Split for wedge lock wheels and 30'' 32'' wheatland wheels

400 078 R2 Split for wedge lock wheels more open center for 4'' axle( 1566, 5288, 5488)

 

Travis

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very last ones made by IH were 400078R3 split weights. Had an extra hole casted into weight and ive never heard why. Theres also a few variations of each weight P/N too. Such as a 400078R1 could have had P/N on outter face or back side. 400078R1 were also available in white. The list of weight P/Ns and variations of them has some length and i still find small changes as i get in weights. 

20190823_112415.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks. I've seen a bunch of different style 6818. Some with the IHC circle logo, some with just IH. Some with huge casting numbers, some with real small ones. Just curious what vintage all the various weights were, rears seam alot harder to find the vintage VS the fronts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Very last ones made by IH were 400078R3 split weights. Had an extra hole casted into weight and ive never heard why. Theres also a few variations of each weight P/N too. Such as a 400078R1 could have had P/N on outter face or back side. 400078R1 were also available in white. The list of weight P/Ns and variations of them has some length and i still find small changes as i get in weights. 

20190823_112415.jpg

I am not sure what that extra hole is either, but when I put them on the inside of my 54, it make for a better spot to lift them and not pinch a finger.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen a ton of split weights at auctions this spring. NONE of them have had any identifying information cast into them whatsoever. Just a WWSO, wheel weight shaped object. Technically a UWWSO, unidentified wheel weight shaped object.

What would those be? Any chance they would be 400078R2's?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

I've seen a ton of split weights at auctions this spring. NONE of them have had any identifying information cast into them whatsoever. Just a WWSO, wheel weight shaped object. Technically a UWWSO, unidentified wheel weight shaped object.

What would those be? Any chance they would be 400078R2's?

You can see the casted part numbers on the 400078R2 weights

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt Kirsch said:

I've seen a ton of split weights at auctions this spring. NONE of them have had any identifying information cast into them whatsoever. Just a WWSO, wheel weight shaped object. Technically a UWWSO, unidentified wheel weight shaped object.

What would those be? Any chance they would be 400078R2's?

In my experience...the part # is always there, unless it's an aftermarket weight...but the part # is always there on IH weights...sometimes it can be really difficult to locate.

I usually scrub them down with soapy water on the front and back side if the # isn't obvious.

Travis

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Sparky said:

In my experience...the part # is always there, unless it's an aftermarket weight...but the part # is always there on IH weights...sometimes it can be really difficult to locate.

I usually scrub them down with soapy water on the front and back side if the # isn't obvious.

Travis

Boy that's the truth. I've got one I just acquired that the only way I knew what it was, was by the barely visible IHC old circle logo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few more pictures.  The 400078r2 on the face is on top of a 400078r1, and shows the differences in the arches.  This becomes more important to clear dual hubs when stacking four or more circles.  The 400078r2 on the back sides is often much harder to see, as the size of the numbers is much smaller and less prevalent.  They can be a bear to see.

20181021_163944.jpg

20210627_190839.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...