tooth removal wisdom?

pt756

Been a  different week around here, started Monday with an upper and lower scope event, then dentist calls and said i got time to pull that sore tooth. so had that done yesterday, it was a wisdom tooth, so how years ago before the dentist had all this fancy numbing fluid , i wonder how that all went, so kind of sitting around here , no field work started and doesnt look like it for awhile,

Same way as amputations except for not putting a leather belt between your teeth 

ya ever wondered where that water the dentist uses comes from its recycled spit ... nah lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Back when I used horses to farm with, I had one abscess a tooth. Of course, paying a vet was out of the question. So me and my grandad took it out ourselves. We chained the horse to a big black jack behind the house, then shoved a big clevis in his jaw to hold his mouth open. Then I took a long punch and a ball pein hammer and knocked out the offending tooth. We packed it full of salt and let him stand for an hour, then let him go. He healed up just fine. Not long after, my buddy had a tooth ache, and I offered to take care of it the same way. Needless to say, he declined!

Mac

• Haha 4

Years ago my brother went to the dentist with a sore tooth.

The dentist wanted $25 to pull it. (A long time ago!)

He walked out.

He ran into the local vet so he asked him if he pulled teeth.

He said he does.

So he talked him into pulling his tooth.

The fee was whiskey for the Vet later at the bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ahhh, the good old days , now around here, you have to have surgery done to pull wisdom teeth , it's becoming a racket. I still have all 4 of mine, not sure if that makes me wise or not 😂

Mark

All  know is, as much difficulty as the surgeon had removing my wisdom teeth, I'm REALLY glad it happened in the modern era!!! The one had to be cut in three pieces. I was on 'light anesthetic', laughing gas. It felt like he was sitting on my chest, using a hammer and cold-chisel. They took all four that day, the next few were nothing short of miserable!

I had a buddy who had all 4 of his wisdom teeth out about a week before my dentist said MINE had to come out.  I was working at FARMALL at the time, my Boss told me to definitely get the general anesthetic, not the local. I walk into the exam room at the dentist office, get comfortable in the chair, he wipes something to numb my gums, gives me a shot or 4 I guess, and the girl tells me to count from 100 to 1 by "1's".  I remember saying 97 and the lights went out. Seemed like a couple minutes later I wake up and try to raise up on my elbows and this cute girl assistant jumps on top of me, " Just lay down, stay still".  All 4 teeth are gone, stitches in the sockets where they were. My Wife's sitting next to me now, Dentist says I should be ready to go home. They let us out the back, we walk into the parking lot, my Buddy who had his wisdom teeth pulled has his '79 Bronco parked next to our car. I turn around and walk back into the waiting room, see my buddy, he starts looking kinda sick, I still had 4 big chunks of blood soaked gauze in my mouth, dried blood on my lips and chin, Wife finally gets me drug back into the parking lot and home. I had one loose stitch that drove me nuts, finally got hold of it and ripped it out about 2 days after they pulled my teeth.  I was eating Dorito TACO Chips about 2 days after they pulled my teeth.  I can still kinda predict the changes in the weather with one socket. 

I've been under general anesthetic several times since. It's the ONLY way to fly!

• Like 2

I would agree Dr Evil. I was about 60 before I had a cavity in a wisdom tooth. Here you cannot get a dentist to pull a tooth. They send you to a oral surgeon. It was no big deal having all 4 done at once. I was eating real food a day latter. Have had 2 more teeth pulled since then, payed the extra to be nocked out both times. The greatest pain was in the wallet. And we had dental insurance from my wife's teaching days. 

Have seriously been pondering get all mine yanked and getting falsies 🤔

Last one they pulled was $80 and I asked her to not use any freezing now they want $300 per, she refuses to do it

We had a guy near hear about 25 years ago try to shoot a tooth out of his mouth cause he didn't want to pay a dentist. Had a few drinks, told his wife he was going to take care of that tooth. Bet he won't ever try that again.

Rick

• Sad 1

Ah, whatever happened to a long string and partially opened door😲😄😄

When I was young and dumb and full of............myself I fancied myself a bull rider.

Well this big ol white bull hit me in the jaw with his head, cracking a tooth in half. First part fell right out, went to ol doc Vesley the family dentist to get the other half out.

I think it was a couple hours of pliers, chisel and hammer and this midieval jackhammer thing.

When he finally got the last piece he said 25 bucks and quit riding bulls😄

I paid him and took his advice🤠

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, hardtail said:

Have seriously been pondering get all mine yanked and getting falsies 🤔

Last one they pulled was $80 and I asked her to not use any freezing now they want $300 per, she refuses to do it

I used to get fillings with no Novocain.

I had a tough old dentist that didn't care.

When he was drilling I felt like pulling the arms off the chair.

It wasn't that bad though.

At least my mouth wasn't numb for hours.

I had all mine yanked about 10 years ago.

They pulled them all and put in the plate the same day.

That is the only way to do it.

Then the gums heal to the design of the plate.

I have never had a sore due to false teeth and have not been back to the dentist because of the teeth.

My Dad had his pulled and he "Gummed It" for 6 weeks.

He had nothing but trouble with his teeth fitting right.

The wife had six pulled and a partial coming later. Her bill will be over $7,000.00.

Highway Robbery!

• Like 2

Back as a kid dad couldn’t stand us kids playing with loose teeth. The tooth was lassoed with a piece of dental floss, the other end of which was attached to a rock. We were given the rock to play with. Eventually it got dropped. After this bizarre ritual we were more compliant with traditional methods of tooth removal, which was of course his goal.  

well one good thing, the dentist filled the wisdom tooth last fall, it never did feel right after that, talked about it with her, she said no charge since i already filled it, that was kind of nice of her, brother sister practice, they dont or cant  get on the insurance part so there are no insurance payments involved, so far so good, she did mention stitches , however she said you wont like that either, now if the G I doc would call back ,from mondays  scope with any kind of news, switched to a different practice, and at least he said if i cant help you i will consult with u w  health, we all are  probably going to have something, weather its heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and so on.  and its still raining here in central wis,