Farmall M distillate head

oldfarmscrap_69

8777D or 8790D. Depending on time period used both could have another letter after the D.  Later I think there was a replacement head with 6 numbers before a R. Would need to check can't remember number. One change on early heads was the change from 3/8 manifold studs to 7/16 that accounts for a suffix letter change. Other suffix changes were due to slight changes in the heads but would still work for other heads. IH dropped the small stud heads for replacing. Replacement number for those changed to big stud head. 

4 hours ago, Jim J said:

The 8777 head was the all fuel head. The 6336  is the distillate head.

6336 was a kerosene head for a M.  But real early M tractors used the 6336 head for both kerosene and distillate from what I can Determan. Part manuals printed in 39 and Jan. 40 only show the same head number and same valve numbers for kerosene and distillate. Later printing shows the head numbers I listed for distillate heads. 8704 kerosene head took the place of 6336.  

On 4/26/2022 at 11:03 PM, Jim J said:

The 8777 head was the all fuel head. The 6336  is the distillate head.

all fuel is a  john Deere term. 

On 4/27/2022 at 7:36 AM, KWRB said:

I have a free H distallate head that I haven't been able to give away for two or three years! It kills me, but they're boat anchors.

don't feel bad, I have 2.😒