Combine in boxes

boots

I got some metal flashing that's 18 inches tall and wrapped it all the way around the chopper last fall, worked good.

IF you make the boxes out of tin that is slick and tall it might help. they go up wood like it aint even there!lol!

• Like 1

Don’t think those will slow them down much. Wrap the tires in tin maybe. Best way is to clean it good so they have no food to eat. Other than that most of the tricks are feel good measures. 

4 hours ago, midnightman said:

I wonder if filling them with moth balls would help?

Or cats!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Or cats!

Definitely. Took me forever to get a couple that would stick around. My dog didn’t like them. Haven’t really worried about mice for a while now. We had plenty before.

• Like 2

In our damp moist climate we always run oil soaked straw through several times. Definitely helped the inside stay shiny and I don't remember  too many mouse problems.

But then late 70s conventional combines didn't have many electrics to chew.

cotton balls with peppermint oil works for us on the travel trailer stored in the barn

there are mice in the barn but they stay out of the trailer

Mike

8 hours ago, Mike H said:

cotton balls with peppermint oil works for us on the travel trailer stored in the barn

there are mice in the barn but they stay out of the trailer

Mike

They use them in their nest in our combine every time I put them in there lol. We got lots of cats and really no mouse problem, except in the combine. I cannot keep them out of the cab roof

18 hours ago, from H to 80 said:

Hanging the combine from the ceiling should help also😁

You'll need precautions.  I was hanging grass seed from the roof C-beams of a steel shed and had to make mouse baffle plates for them.

Where the door on rear of box to drive in I smeared grease on the seam where there was a little wood showing.  I used to have cats slowly dissappear. I clean very good. Put out small trays of the older antifreeze. Hope I got all holes in cab full of jb weld.use mouse posion.all of box is slick flashing. Use peppermint oil 1 guesting is housold ammonia corrosive? This co.bine has lot more electronics than last one .appreciate the comments  keep em coming .the boxes have a tin bottom. Thanks boots