Jump to content

5088 hyd seat cylinder reseal


Recommended Posts

Appears the actual cylinder on the 5088 is leaking. Hoses are all tight and dry but oil is accumulating on the sweeper seal around the ram. I see it has a drain, probably should check to make sure that's not plugged first. 

Is a rebuild kit available anywhere?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this the system with the accumulator? If so they show a cylinder seal kit #79241C2 available for about 70 bucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought that overpriced seal kit a couple years ago and it held for about 2 months before leaking again.  I believe my cylinder was just wore out so this last winter I replaced it with an air seat.  I did really like the ride of that hydraulic seat but I sure didn't like the mess it made... twice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ZG6E said:

I bought that overpriced seal kit a couple years ago and it held for about 2 months before leaking again.  I believe my cylinder was just wore out so this last winter I replaced it with an air seat.  I did really like the ride of that hydraulic seat but I sure didn't like the mess it made... twice.

Where did you get the air ride. Not excited about putting a $750 seat in there when the seat we have is in really good shape,  just leaks. Maybe I should just look for an air suspension and put the old seat on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brahamfireman said:

Where did you get the air ride. Not excited about putting a $750 seat in there when the seat we have is in really good shape,  just leaks. Maybe I should just look for an air suspension and put the old seat on.

If you can get an air ride for 750, that’s a steal.  K&Ms website shows just the air ride suspension conversion is 995.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike56073 said:

If you can get an air ride for 750, that’s a steal.  K&Ms website shows just the air ride suspension conversion is 995.

That was an old number I saw on a cheap air ride seat, I saw that K&M conversion tonite. For $995 I think I'll be sitting on a block for awhile if need be. I only put 200 hours on that tractor a year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

Where did you get the air ride. Not excited about putting a $750 seat in there when the seat we have is in really good shape,  just leaks. Maybe I should just look for an air suspension and put the old seat on.

I bought a Grammer MSG95 suspension and Grammer 741 seat from Abilene Machine on black Friday. It was right at $1000 shipped for the set.  Those went into my MFWD 5488 and the air suspension that was in that is what replaced the leaking hydraulic suspension in my 2wd 5488. I'll try to grab some pictures tomorrow. 

 

I had cut a piece of round tubing a couple inches long and stuffed it down into the cylinder on the original suspension so it was just bottomed out solid. After bouncing around like that for a year my kidneys were ready for a change. 

 

 

https://www.abilenemachine.com/grammer-seat-assembly-black-gray-matrix-fabric-amss11051

 

https://www.abilenemachine.com/suspension-air-am1319704

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ZG6E said:

I bought a Grammer MSG95 suspension and Grammer 741 seat from Abilene Machine on black Friday. It was right at $1000 shipped for the set.  Those went into my MFWD 5488 and the air suspension that was in that is what replaced the leaking hydraulic suspension in my 2wd 5488. I'll try to grab some pictures tomorrow. 

 

I had cut a piece of round tubing a couple inches long and stuffed it down into the cylinder on the original suspension so it was just bottomed out solid. After bouncing around like that for a year my kidneys were ready for a change. 

 

 

https://www.abilenemachine.com/grammer-seat-assembly-black-gray-matrix-fabric-amss11051

 

https://www.abilenemachine.com/suspension-air-am1319704

This is what I have in my 5488

IMG_1015[1].JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...