International 966 turbo

Hello. I have a international 966 tractor and I am interested in putting a turbo on it. I have a holset H1C off of a dodge truck that had the Cummins engine. I am wondering if this turbo will work for farm use. Or will it not be sized properly. The injection pump is turned up slightly. 
thanks in advance!

I think it's going to be a lot of work to fab it up. It might not be the best choice also. If I were you, I'd go to a parts yard, pull a manifold, turbo drain parts, oil feed to turbo and fittings, air cleaner parts. Put a newer turbo on it from hy capacity for a 1066 and you will essentially have one. 

• Like 1

The H1C Holset is a good turbo, the only thing that comes to mind is the bolt pattern for attaching the turbo to the exhaust manifold.  If you get an exhaust manifold from a salvage yard, or wherever, for a turbocharged IH 400 series engine, the turbo flange on the IH manifold is a T4 flange.  Some Holsets can be a T4 flange, but more than likely, if it came off a Dodge w/ a 5.9L Cummins, it'll have the smaller T3 flange.  You'd either need an adapter, swap out exhaust housings on the turbo, or just use a turbo w/ a T4 flange that's a straightforward bolt-on for a 400 series IH engine.