1466 fan belts

I was checking my fan belts and one is a little bit looser than the other,I just got them last year and they were a matching set zip tied together, and I was wondering how tight is too tight. Thanks 

Or the belts are just crappy. I know the last few matched sets I have gotten, for a 1066/1466 they are not matched very well. So one of them always ends up a little bit loose, because that’s better than having the other one a little bit too tight in my opinion. 10 years ago they were always perfectly matched.

Can a banded or web belt be used  for  fan belts?  Or why not?  Had that problem on a pump jack. Went to a banded belt and that works a lot better.

8 hours ago, Timothy56 said:

Can a banded or web belt be used  for  fan belts?  Or why not?  Had that problem on a pump jack. Went to a banded belt and that works a lot better.

Don't usually see them in engine applications, possibly because mismatch of grooves per accessory, belt failure leaves you with nothing to limp back, your sheaves should all be in great condition so it sits in the proper position, wouldn't work with adjustable pulleys that are opened up, not sure they are available for this application and there could be a reason why, I agree matched sets aren't that close at times anymore 

I have been buying matched sets of IH belts from the dealer whenever I needed them as long as I can remember, and I have not been happy with the last two sets. I’ve even  tried swapping them front to back to see if one fit on 1/2 of the pulley better and the size difference was still apparent