Jump to content

Fuel prices


Lazy WP
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here’s what my visit to the pump looked like in central TX yesterday afternoon. Filled my truck for $4.39.9 for 87 octane. 

But wifey’s BMW twin turbo needs the 93 octane, and I use the 90 octane ethanol free in all my outdoor power equipment. 

 

1BE169CA-0A42-426C-8196-F58E8381704A.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rick G. said:

Here’s what my visit to the pump looked like in central TX yesterday afternoon. Filled my truck for $4.39.9 for 87 octane. 

But wifey’s BMW twin turbo needs the 93 octane, and I use the 90 octane ethanol free in all my outdoor power equipment. 

 

1BE169CA-0A42-426C-8196-F58E8381704A.jpeg

Those prices look really cheap!  but im in illinois ...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

That article seems like a good explanation 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The load of clear dsl I hauled in last night dropped the price from $5.20 to $5.09 at the local station in Cody. 

A little break before it makes it's Memorial Day run up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

The load of clear dsl I hauled in last night dropped the price from $5.20 to $5.09 at the local station in Cody. 

A little break before it makes it's Memorial Day run up. 

That is kinda how the last couple months have been for me. It will go down a nickel, and I get my hopes up and think it’s going on down, so wait to fuel and it jumps a dime

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

That is kinda how the last couple months have been for me. It will go down a nickel, and I get my hopes up and think it’s going on down, so wait to fuel and it jumps a dime

If you can outguess it Nick let me know. 

I knew I was going after a load so filled the Dodge up to beat the price increase and..................

...................it went down😆

Only 30 gallons so not as bad as the 80 I normally put in the Pete at the end of each run but you guys putting in 200......gotta watch where you fill up cuz you don't generally have a big "when window".

Unless and until they open up domestic production again, I don't think we will see prices going down. 

I worry about using strategic reserves to artificially lower prices. IMHO a set up for a major fail down the road and the logic behind this makes me very uneasy. 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

If you can outguess it Nick let me know. 

I knew I was going after a load so filled the Dodge up to beat the price increase and..................

...................it went down😆

Only 30 gallons so not as bad as the 80 I normally put in the Pete at the end of each run but you guys putting in 200......gotta watch where you fill up cuz you don't generally have a big "when window".

Unless and until they open up domestic production again, I don't think we will see prices going down. 

I worry about using strategic reserves to artificially lower prices. IMHO a set up for a major fail down the road and the logic behind this makes me very uneasy. 

 

Domestic production is down 25% 

I don’t know why.

 

Strategic Oil Reserves are there for military usage in times of war. In my opinion.

We are exporting oil that we don’t have to export. 


 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4.24 off road delivered today. 

4.39 Gasoline delivered to the farm. 

That's a painful bill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paid $3.59 for E85 fuel Tuesday. My 2012 Chevy 2500 HD can run on it.

E10 gas was $4.50 at the same station. I run that in my small engines with no problems.

I need $.42 to $.46 difference in price to make the difference in  E85 worth using.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, 1256pickett said:

I’ve heard unsubstantiated rumors of more than just high prices coming soon. Again I say unsubstantiated but you don’t want to be caught off guard. I’ve heard shortages of diesel in a few weeks.  This could get bad. 

exploit a made faux crisis for $$$$$$$$

couldnt sleep heard this 5-6x on the 0300 news and ? washington st is close to ration now....

along with ordered new pumps.

makes a lot of $$$$$$$ exporting ,so cheap for euro and then ^%$*&^%*& USA

shut down china,  soon USA will not be able to buy the ^%&^% then.....default on payments what ALL will china own next...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

4.24 off road delivered today. 

4.39 Gasoline delivered to the farm. 

That's a painful bill

That is less than I payed the in Feb just before the real shooting started in the Ukraine. But it was clear diesel, not red. Still very glad to have it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ray54 said:

That is less than I payed the in Feb just before the real shooting started in the Ukraine. But it was clear diesel, not red. Still very glad to have it. 

This is red. Add all the taxes it gets worse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...envious of you blokes with that cheap feul....:rolleyes:

.....put    36 litres in my Daughters little Toyota  RAV...36 litres equals  nine US Gallons....

....cost a mere  114  New Zealand Dollars

....the joys of a bunch of left wing nut jobs....sitting on the lid of our country..one could say shitting  on the lid of our country...and it would be absolutely  correct...

...and that my friends...is just the bloody start...never mind the burgeoning food prices...or the bovine excrement the High Country Farmers   are about to face...from a bunch of clueless , ignorant  left wing ideologists....who ,left to their own devices would perish in the real world, within weeks....

Mike

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting that ONLY the rural area of Washington state has been cut off from receiving fuel.  (Once again, WE have proof of who runs the states, and that the cities, (where the votes are) will ALWAYS take priority, whether its food, fuel or ANY allocation of tax dollars).

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/biden-gas-crisis-spiraling-california-tops-6-pumps-washington-state-run-dry-stations-add-fourth-number-pumps-preparation-double-digit-gas-prices/

Quote

As *****'* Gas crisis kicks into overdrive, setting record highs for 10 straight days, gas stations across the United States are beginning to run out of fuel as prices at the pump continue to rocket upwards. The situation has become so bad in areas like Washington that gas stations are reportedly reprogramming their pumps in order to add an additional number in anticipation of double-digit prices per gallon.

The state of California, which owns the highest average gas price in the nation, is currently on a mad-dash towards the $10 mark, having just broken $6.00 per gallon. Currently, gas in the state sits at a whopping 6.06 per gallon and it’s trending upwards, fast.

Ouch. Thanks, libs.

But, at least people in California can still get gas – which isn’t the case in some areas, like Washington. The Evergreen State is currently being hit with an average price per gallon of $5.15, and, according to the Post Millennial, at least 10 gas stations throughout the Kennewick, Pasco, and West Richland areas are completely out of fuel.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MTB98 said:

I’ve read that pumps on the west coast are being updated to be able go past $9.999 (+$10.000).  
Can anyone verify that claim? 

Washington state

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Rick G. said:

But wifey’s BMW twin turbo needs the 93 octane, and I use the 90 octane ethanol free in all my outdoor power equipment. 

Both my kids have BMWs. Daughter's is a turbo 4, son's a normally aspirated 6. I told them to use mid-grade and tread lightly. They should have knock sensors so just a little power cut back. They've got plenty of power so a little less is no big deal. They state 91 octane required but only Sunoco seems to have it and they're proud of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya N E, I’ve been contemplating maybe mixing some mid grade 89 octane with the 93 octane during fill ups at the gas station for the BMW- pump some 89 octane, and then pump some 93, mixing it, to save a little bit on cost, and see what happens. There seems to be no 91 octane around us. They jump from 89 up to 93 and do not offer 91 octane here. 

I hope one good thing comes out of these rip off overly high fuel prices- I’ve been wanting to get myself a Toyota 4Runner SUV for quite some time now. The trouble is the dealers are not dealing at all on them, and some of the crooked thieves are charging over sticker for theirs. Even worse, used ones are just as much as the new ones. Totally ridiculous. 

Well, 4Runners are not known for their good fuel economy. What I’m hoping is, that if fuel prices stay high enough for long enough, that people will stop buying them, and that they will start piling up on dealers lots, and that they will start dealing on them again when people stop buying them due to their poor fuel economy. Then, once I can again negotiate a price off sticker, I will get mine. …….and then hope and pray that gas prices come back down to “normal” levels. That’s my plan, anyways. 

Fuel can’t stay this high forever. They are going to break the backs of the consumer and destroy the country if they keep ripping people off like this. Crime will increase as well, if fuel prices go much higher, just wait and see. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rick G. said:

They are going to break the backs of the consumer and destroy the country

This IS the intent of (and it is NOT the 'evilness' of 'BIG OIL, as the MEDIA would have you believe), but it IS they, them, and those, in BIG, and not so big, government, and the MEDIA, that are behind, and fully rejoicing, about this experiment in socialism/communism that they have brought to AmeriKa.

And, I would suspect that some of those "fully supportive" of this agenda, make their support known right there in the Austin American Statesman (now a USA Today owned 'newspaper', as well as Austin city, and Travis county officials)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...