Planter monitor mounts

IHC5488

Any one make a mount for the 86-88 roll bars to mount the planter monitors?  Or would I be better off making something to my liking and closer to the driver's seat?  Ideas or where to get one would be helpful, thank you ..

Matt

I drilled and tapped holes in the right door pillar and made custom mounts for stuff like monitors and control boxes for forage harvesters and such. Only drawback is it makes that door almost impossible to use.

I have a tray on top of the dash. Monitors, etc sit in it without any kind of mount but might bounce out if you ran off in a ditch or something.

I'd like something better for my GPS guidance system but I want it centered and not blocking my view or tray. 

Thx-Ace 

21 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

Pictures, we need Pictures if anyone has pics of there mounts. I've got 3 monitors now that need mounts in the 5088.

I'll take a look tomorrow  but iirc I have a couple of those 86 series mounts in the old shop.

On 4/18/2022 at 7:53 PM, boog said:

I'll take a look tomorrow  but iirc I have a couple of those 86 series mounts in the old shop.

Any luck?   Let me know....

Thank you

On 4/18/2022 at 10:16 AM, acem said:

I have a tray on top of the dash. Monitors, etc sit in it without any kind of mount but might bounce out if you ran off in a ditch or something.

I'd like something better for my GPS guidance system but I want it centered and not blocking my view or tray. 

Thx-Ace 

Not sure if you can see great on this but I like our light bar centered as well and since we move it lots I wanted something easy. I just use 2 little c-clamps to clamp it to the top of the dash. Been doing that for over 10 years and it's worked good. Works good like that in the 86's and the Case. Maybe that might work for you

Snapchat-1143103605.thumb.jpg.6ed4454fbbf6800ea21082f13927f762.jpg

20180514_140703.thumb.jpg.c20e7a96ce1f9a558494040fcf14a902.jpg

I just put a bar across the rh door, the pro300 mounts to the bar, and the planter monitor mounts to the front post, just with galvanized pipe fittings. The bar also has a couple cup holders for your phone, a drink etc.

• Like 1

BIL made a real nice bracket that spans the dash of the 86 series. Similar to what's shown but his is heavier and saddles the dash so it's very rigid. Ram mount is expensive but soooooo universal.   I just put a ram mount ball in the corner of my cabs and run a longer arm on it so I have more flexibility. 

post-52664-0-45047700-1328844464_thumb.jpg
592e49008ddd3_DisplayMountsinCab.jpg.266d24456e89bea97824f7d8f79d273b.jpg

I have an L shaped flat steel bolted to front windshield crossbar and then bolted to right side slope just above step. 
have a ram ball bolted to top of flat. 
also made an extension rod bolted to flat for the 750 Trimble for the auto steer. Also have the small compressor mounted to bottom of the flat steel.  Made a power connection for them and mounted to crossbar and wires go into side of dash and down to fuse box for power.  
can’t use right side steps but can open door and reach hydraulic remote levers if needed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...