Thoughts on Polks Auction????

Old F-14

forward: currently dealing with Jaw infection and had some teeth removed, and still dealing with #@$*&^%#$@, so I'm spending more time then usual on the computer.

I just got around to looking at the auction results from their spring sale and man, those were some strong prices on some stuff.   Anybody wish to venture any speculations why?  Cabin fever? If-I-drove-there, darnit I'm buying?  Scrap being high so pushed the whole price structure up?  To me it seemed more reminiscent of prices 15-20 years ago. 

More bidders by far on the internet.  Further, you don't have to worry about your legs giving out after standing around 5 hours waiting for your prospective purchase coming up for bid.  Might have been an off year for you income wise but there are people out there coming into money everyday.  Deals seldom are there for buyers anymore.  Live with it or do something else.  

22 minutes ago, 766 Man said:

Deals seldom are there for buyers anymore.  Live with it or do something else.  

I was not complaining about prices. Heck it's nice to see the stuff I have in the shed might actually be worth something. 

But that aside, I'm not fond of the 'pay up or shut up attitude' within a hobby. Its a HOBBY, nobody should be in a gold chainer compitition on who can spend $20k on a Farmall H first....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old F-14 said:

I was not complaining about prices. Heck it's nice to see the stuff I have in the shed might actually be worth something. 

But that aside, I'm not fond of the 'pay up or shut up attitude' within a hobby. Its a HOBBY, nobody should be in a gold chainer compitition on who can spend $20k on a Farmall H first....

But…..if that happens I have the perfect H for you!😁

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Old F-14 said:

Sorry, if I sounded extremely blunt.  I don't think that things will change right away and the sellers certainly do not want it to change.  If you are on the buying end maybe raised interest rates, increased income taxes, and so forth will cool a heated collector's tractor market.  

Make sure you get the infection treated properly, had a coworker with a blood infection after dental work that attacked his heart valve and had to have replacement surgery done later

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, hardtail said:

Make sure you get the infection treated properly, had a coworker with a blood infection after dental work that attacked his heart valve and had to have replacement surgery done later

Am very aware, and its on my mind.  It all started out last September with an infected impacted wisdom tooth (never had them out when I was young).  Two surgeries, 4 times jaw being drained, lost 5 teeth, and Three dentists later,  two oral surgeons,  and two trips to the Dental School at U of M (and going back tomorrow again), I'm still battling it. 

I'm on a first name basis with the local pharmacist and have been on all the common groups of oral antibiotics.

I don't heal well and my body doesn't fight infection well due to Lyme Disease and some auto-immune issues that go along with dealing with that long term.

Internet is getting boring at this point. LOL  Except for rallying myself for a tractor I really wanted in Ontario two weeks ago, my last month has been a wash.

• Sad 1