Your Unofficial Class Motto

Anyone remember if you had a Class Motto or saying?  Unofficial of course.

I graduated High School in 1978 and people would say, "We're the class off 78. We're the class the teachers hate." 

The teachers gave us a good talking to about that one. 

Before me in 1977, they would say. "All to he!! and none to heaven, We're the class of 77." 

That one upset the teachers too. 

My brother's class in 1981. "We're the class that has the fun, We're the class of 81.

Class of 78 here too.

We didn't but the teachers had one for us.

Your the class of '78

Don't let the door hit you in the................................tailgate😜     😄

• Haha 2

Beer, Bourbon, Whiskey, Wine, we're the class of 89. 

My small school was full of alcoholics, we lost three kids at separate times due to being too drunk to drive just during my high school years. Funerals were held in the school gymnasium, my fellow students would weep and cry at the funeral, then get wasted that night. Students would slam bottles of beer between classes in my locker area and pitch the empties into the trash can that had clear plastic bag liners. The teachers would just ignore the alcohol breath and the janitors never said anything about the empty beer bottles in the trash. The parents didn't think anything bad about it, they supplied the booze.  I was not involved, I never did drink.

• Sad 2

I was a 95 graduate. I don't remember any class motto but we did get t-shirts made that said "the end of a 13 year depression". 

The class ahead of me, class of 94, it was said was statistically the worst class in my school both academically and athletic.

• Haha 1

My personal one was, and still is, "F*** dear old DHS"

The funny thing is that I was looking through the high school yearbook for the last year I attended "dear old DHS", and how many names of the 52-53 students in that class I did not recognize, and how many sets of twins, or persons with the same last name were in that group.  I assume most of those with last names that I do not recognize came from "the east side of the district", which may as well have been on the far side of the moon, as far as I was concerned.

My final year was '64, it was a different time, think biker jackets and jeans, girls were getting away from the so-called restrictions of the 50s, so without further adieu,

The boyz are drunks the gurls are whores, we're the last of the '64s!!!!!!!!

Class of 1977. Almost had “Panama Red is back in town”. Actually voted in but teachers made us come up with something different. Things were different back then 

• Haha 1

Ours was "**** em they can't take a joke", (and that is true) spoken by the graduating senior class president at the ceremony.

I dropped out, (1978) taking a job to support growing family and later putting myself through both adult education classes, and later engineering classes after earning my high school diploma. I then joined the navy, played my part in bombing the crap out of Quadafi, then came back to build radar sites in the USA. Now retired from that gig too.

Still carry that same motto with me also but some never grow up I'm told.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Class of 2002 ( Cant believe its been 20 years ago since i graduated)

We were the beginning of the end.  The school district started collapsing. Poor academics and huge budget shortfalls. It really accelerated after my brother graduated in 2006. They closed the High school in 2013. Sending them to a neighboring school district. Enrollment had been dropping for years. Dad and his siblings were in graduating classes of over 200. My brother and I were in classes of 110-120 roughly. Last graduating class was 48. Closed the middle school after Christmas break 2016 and officially dissolved the school district that summer. So technically the school district we attended no longer exists. 

14 hours ago, Takn4aFool said:

dont know of any motto but i did take my senior class trip to Southeast Asia for the Vietnam war in '72

TYSir - full honor to you for your service. 

• Like 1

we never thot of anything like that I guess, 9 girls 6 boys in our class, total of 15, one boy is gone now. 

best yrs of my life, not a care in the world other than what I would do to live life as an adult. Didnt have anything worth much, no money other than what I worked for and scraped up for my vices of oreo cookies and a trip to pizza hut in town for an all out expensive treat. The rest went for money to pay for tennis shoes for basketball, trips to town for gas to attend sports practice,  fishing tackle, hunting gear, trapping gear. Worked for farmers to make $$.

We only had fast pitch softball, basketball and track for sports. I wanted to play football so bad our school couldnt afford it.  I was big, angry and had nothing to lose. I think the lord knew I would probably hurt people so kept me in that school. 

not sure what name we could have had but we were not the party crowd

59 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

Class of 2002 ( Cant believe its been 20 years ago since i graduated)

We were the beginning of the end.  The school district started collapsing. Poor academics and huge budget shortfalls. It really accelerated after my brother graduated in 2006. They closed the High school in 2013. Sending them to a neighboring school district. Enrollment had been dropping for years. Dad and his siblings were in graduating classes of over 200. My brother and I were in classes of 110-120 roughly. Last graduating class was 48. Closed the middle school after Christmas break 2016 and officially dissolved the school district that summer. So technically the school district we attended no longer exists. 

Amazing how fast the years go by isn't it. I'm looking at 40 for the next reunion, how did that happen?

I really don't remember a class saying, maybe Iowaboy does?

Just now, searcyfarms said:

we never thot of anything like that I guess, 9 girls 6 boys in our class, total of 15, one boy is gone now. 

best yrs of my life, not a care in the world other than what I would do to live life as an adult. Didnt have anything worth much, no money other than what I worked for and scraped up for my vices of oreo cookies and a trip to pizza hut in town for an all out expensive treat. The rest went for money to pay for tennis shoes for basketball, trips to town for gas to attend sports practice,  fishing tackle, hunting gear, trapping gear. Worked for farmers to make $$.

We only had fast pitch softball, basketball and track for sports. I wanted to play football so bad our school couldnt afford it.  I was big, angry and had nothing to lose. I think the lord knew I would probably hurt people so kept me in that school. 

not sure what name we could have had but we were not the party crowd

I think there were about 340 in my graduating class. Have lost quite a few over the years. Some real shockers on that list. Seems like we had only been out a couple of years when we lost the first guy.

• Sad 1

No but they don't speak of my class at my school. It was the Christian school attached to my church and last time I was there the class pictures on the wall still skipped 05. But class motto not so much. Probably something about teachers least favorite students.

Class of 1973.
Double checked with our class president, he said it was "What, us worry?"

The year behind us used this, well, at least the guys did.

"Yeah, Rah 74, we got Wilma she's a whore"

Wilma was a real, famously promiscuous girl from their class.

2 hours ago, Troll said:

Ours was "**** em they can't take a joke", (and that is true) spoken by the graduating senior class president at the ceremony.

I dropped out, (1978) taking a job to support growing family and later putting myself through both adult education classes, and later engineering classes after earning my high school diploma. I then joined the navy, played my part in bombing the crap out of Quadafi, then came back to build radar sites in the USA. Now retired from that gig too.

Still carry that same motto with me also but some never grow up I'm told.   

Thank you for your service so that we may enjoy this great nation!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

Amazing how fast the years go by isn't it. I'm looking at 40 for the next reunion, how did that happen?

I really don't remember a class saying, maybe Iowaboy does?

I think there were about 340 in my graduating class. Have lost quite a few over the years. Some real shockers on that list. Seems like we had only been out a couple of years when we lost the first guy.

It is amazing. I had one of those moments last week. Was thinking about a buddy from college and remembered he had a boy while we were attending college at UNO. Its a 2 year program. Anyway I all of a sudden realized that that baby i knew will be graduating High school this year. 

Same thing here too. A number of my classmates are gone too. In fact lost one just after New Years this year in a car crash. 

I remember a day in government class my Junior year of High School. Teacher had gotten off subject somehow and we got into a conversation about life, death and odds. He said sadly that in this classroom of 30. There would be at least one of us that probably wouldn't see our 20 class reunion. Being the teenagers we were we all started making dark jokes saying it was going to be so and so or not me. I was talking to my buddy next to me and said it was possible it could be me considering my line of work isn't always the safest compared to others. The class president and ended up being valedictorian was sitting there and scolded me for saying that. She was very nice to me. 

Sadly out of the conversation with the 3 of us. Im the only one still standing. 😔😞. She died in a car crash April 2005. Chad in a car crash in May 2006

• Sad 5

I don't know if we even had one to be honest we could see the light at the end of the tunnel and everyone was deer in the head lights and that's all we where focused on, to get out

• Like 1

No motto I recall, graduated 81, song was Boston foreplay/long time, didn't have a 10 yr reunion, 20 was the only one they ever had and I was 7 miles away and never went, 25% were dead by then