VENISON PROCESSING

farmall666

GOT MY VENISON BACK THIS MORNING. THREE FLAVORS OF BRATTS   WEINERS  GERMAN SUMER SAUSAGE  FARMERS SAUSAGE   SNACK STICKS  SMOKED/SLICED BACK HAM...YUMMY STUFF BUT BIG MONEY..HAD EVERYTHING VACUM SEALED.

• Like 2

Where did you have it done?

Not to hijack the thread but processing price’s are going up every where and specialty items cost much more than just burger and steak, but it it so much better and I like the fact that I know where my meat comes from😎

• Like 1

The outfit we have doing our processing upped their prices. To .80 cents a lb wrapped and froze and .95 for vacuum. 

I had 40 lbs of sweet and spicy bologna made up, will be about 3.50 lb when said and done.  Lots of extra work goes into it as they naturally smoke it.   

4 hours ago, SASW6 said:

Where did you have it done?

I HAD THE HOTDOGS DONE AT KONOP MEAT IN STANGELVILL THATS BY DENMARK.. THE REST BY MAPLEWOOD MEATS IN GREEN BAY. VERY GOOD PLACES..PRICY THOUGH

• Like 1

We do about 95% of our processing ourselves. Saves a lot on the locker bill! One guy has a pretty good grinder and a mechanical tenderizer that came from the Kellogg locker. I kind of rebuilt it back in the Maytag days.

3 hours ago, Craig61019 said:

Not to hijack the thread but processing price’s are going up every where and specialty items cost much more than just burger and steak, but it it so much better and I like the fact that I know where my meat comes from😎

I SPENT A LITTLE LESS THAN A GRAND. BUT HAVE A FREEZER FULL. POUND FOR POUND SAME PRICE AS BUYING IT IN THE STORE BUT REMEMBER YOU SUPPLIED PART OF THE MEAT.

3 minutes ago, farmall666 said:

I HAD THE HOTDOGS DONE AT KONOP MEAT IN STANGELVILL THATS BY DENMARK.. THE REST BY MAPLEWOOD MEATS IN GREEN BAY. VERY GOOD PLACES..PRICY THOUGH

Maplewood meats is good, I used to get my meat processed there. The first time I went to pick up a half of beef they cut for me I went on a Saturday morning, big mistake. The place was crazy, I took my number and looked at the board and my number was at least 25 more that the one they were currently serving. They are very efficient at getting people through there, I don't think I waited five minutes.

You are right about about them being pricey. We switched to a different processor closer to home because of that and because they start to charge for freezer space after two days. With being over an hour away it was tough working that into our schedule and they usually called on a Tuesday and wanted it picked up by Thursday. 

1 minute ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

Maplewood meats is good, I used to get my meat processed there. The first time I went to pick up a half of beef they cut for me I went on a Saturday morning, big mistake. The place was crazy, I took my number and looked at the board and my number was at least 25 more that the one they were currently serving. They are very efficient at getting people through there, I don't think I waited five minutes.

You are right about about them being pricey. We switched to a different processor closer to home because of that and because they start to charge for freezer space after two days. With being over an hour away it was tough working that into our schedule and they usually called on a Tuesday and wanted it picked up by Thursday. 

i have been going there for over 20 years. just needed a chang in taste of hotdogs thats why i went to stangelville. maplewoods have people come from all over the wmidwest

• Like 1

We have been getting our meat done at meatskis deli near Pound Wisconsin. They do just as good of a job as Maplewood with beef. We got a pig done there once but we just weren't happy with the bacon. They added on to the place and after that the price started creeping up. The next one is going to get cut at Pelkins Smokey meats in Crivitz.

Your Midwest high prices look cheap to me. The processing on beef was 1.45 a lbs and killing was 200 a piece to come do 2 beef. And I let them put the guts in my tractor bucket and hauled it out for the coyotes. But they do have low humify coolers and age it close to 30 days and vacuum pack it all as standard. Have also kept my out of the area sister's for 10 days 2 weeks without a extra charge.

On and off over the years I've processed my own deer. 

Basic processing was $75 or so.....but when covid started with labor prices, it went up to $135, and many places just quit doing it.  I started doing my own again.