Jump to content

7240 magnum


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, hippy5488 said:

does anybody know if someone is making new right hand console top pieces or where to get good ones from? dealer said nla. need the two top pieces tia

I don't know the answer but I thought they were still available, just crazy expensive. I would like a piece or 2 also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure what numbers you're after, or what ones your dealer looked up, but references #1, 1A, and 4 are all available from CaseIH.  $455, $460, and $636 respectively.

7240Capture.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nebraska1206 said:

Not sure what numbers you're after, or what ones your dealer looked up, but references #1, 1A, and 4 are all available from CaseIH.  $455, $460, and $636 respectively.

7240Capture.PNG

Yes, but have you tried to order one? Lots of stuff they give a price for but you can't get it. Not because of "supply issues" but "NLA."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Yes, but have you tried to order one? Lots of stuff they give a price for but you can't get it. Not because of "supply issues" but "NLA."

I checked depot availability on all three numbers, yes, all three are available in the depots.  I've been at this parts game for a lot of years, this ain't my first rodeo.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few years ago, I remember talking with Bermuda Ken about the popularity of the boxcar Magnum tractors.  He wondered if they would become the next collectable?  Should he consider making obsolete parts available for them?  I thought so.  Now, with prices rising on new tractors; rebuilding the boxcar Magnums looks like a good idea. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

A few years ago, I remember talking with Bermuda Ken about the popularity of the boxcar Magnum tractors.  He wondered if they would become the next collectable?  Should he consider making obsolete parts available for them?  I thought so.  Now, with prices rising on new tractors; rebuilding the boxcar Magnums looks like a good idea. 

Recent examples. One at 5,xxx and one at 10,xxx hours 

Screenshot_20220412-182201.png

Screenshot_20220412-182210.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2022 at 3:01 PM, bitty said:

Recent examples. One at 5,xxx and one at 10,xxx hours 

Screenshot_20220412-182201.png

Screenshot_20220412-182210.png

I have heard that they are the last rebuildable tractor

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2022 at 12:46 PM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

A few years ago, I remember talking with Bermuda Ken about the popularity of the boxcar Magnum tractors.  He wondered if they would become the next collectable?  Should he consider making obsolete parts available for them?  I thought so.  Now, with prices rising on new tractors; rebuilding the boxcar Magnums looks like a good idea. 

God, I hope they do not start collecting them. Farmers who use them already have the prices higher enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On to the plastic, I know that there are a couple of the ford obs guys who are running into dash trim availability problems. They have turned to the 3-D printer gurus. I'd maybe see what they can do for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...