North Dakota Blizzard update.

Mudfly

12 minutes ago, midnightman said:

My apprentice at the shop put his sled away last week. 24-30” of fresh snow may be enticing to bring it back out for another ride though 

No kidding. If it does amount to that much it may be the only way to get around for a little bit. I haven’t officially put mine away yet. Still thinking about going for a ride this weekend if I’m over this Covid stuff by then. 

30 minutes ago, poor farmer/logger said:

No kidding. If it does amount to that much it may be the only way to get around for a little bit. I haven’t officially put mine away yet. Still thinking about going for a ride this weekend if I’m over this Covid stuff by then. 

Hopefully all goes well and you’re ready to go for the weekend 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poor farmer/logger said:

You've already been out sledding with vid...

31 minutes ago, hardtail said:

You've already been out sledding with vid...

This is true but I haven’t been on a big ride since the Nipawin ride. Wont be as big this time but thinking 80-100 kms.  I got the quad stuck yesterday and had to walk a short ways back to the house. I could sure feel it by the time I got here.  Definitely not quite as strong as I should be. Almost over it now though. Thinking I’m at around 80% recovered now.  Still a little plugged up in my head. Never did build up in my chest really. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, midnightman said:

Hopefully all goes well and you’re ready to go for the weekend 

Yes hopefully you guys won’t be hit as hard as they’re saying too. Seems quite often when they call for these apocalyptic storms they get blown out of proportion a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The weather has taken a turn for the worse it seems, time for me to try and get back home, have heard there's plenty of snow ahead of me. I will start out with 70 degree temps in the morning, end the day in Utah with 33 as a high. Next day start out with temps around 18. My trip might take more than the three days  it took me to get here. My chariot awaits me 

Mark

IMG_20220407_095054491_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mader656 said:

Montana here about a foot of snow and now wind 18 degrees...makes me miss the 656 when 28 horse didn't have the cowbell to push snow back

Then fire up the Michigan if you need more pushing power!!

(Just do NOT tell the Michigan to “waddle faster!”.  You would like to buy a tremendous amount of ice cream.....

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

The weather has taken a turn for the worse it seems, time for me to try and get back home, have heard there's plenty of snow ahead of me. I will start out with 70 degree temps in the morning, end the day in Utah with 33 as a high. Next day start out with temps around 18. My trip might take more than the three days  it took me to get here. My chariot awaits me 

Mark

IMG_20220407_095054491_HDR.jpg

Safe travels, you can't wait it out?

The storm must be alot slower moving than was anticipated. Was forecast to start snowing at 11 last night for here. Woke up to no new snow. A few flakes starting to fly right now. I guess even mother nature is having shipping delays lol

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, db1486 said:

The storm must be alot slower moving than was anticipated. Was forecast to start snowing at 11 last night for here. Woke up to no new snow. A few flakes starting to fly right now. I guess even mother nature is having shipping delays lol

It was a pleasant surprise. Just starting here now. 

6 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Then fire up the Michigan if you need more pushing power!!

(Just do NOT tell the Michigan to “waddle faster!”.  You would like to buy a tremendous amount of ice cream.....

The cab really helps too. That was what I missed most....my wife got off work last night at 9 and we found out her when my 5500 crossing the scale at 13,000 says the road is passable it is infact not as passible as I thought in the hour between trips the snow hardened greatly.

the storm headed north of us

got an 1.25'' of rain this morning + snow melt

you guys stay safe up there in Canada and Nd.

Mike

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hardtail said:

Hopefully doesn't mean it's going to hover over you longer

Supposed to snow till Friday 

1 hour ago, midnightman said:

It was a pleasant surprise. Just starting here now. 

It sure was. Ground is white here now. I guess it's here now. Heard on the radio they're calling this one Blizzard '22 lol

• Haha 1

On base (GFAFB) the roads are all plowed out already.  Now its drizzling, and the snow is starting to melt from underneath as the ground wasn't froze.  Going to be a sloppy week, but honestly, it could go back to normal this afternoon.  School could have been 2 hours late.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mader656 said:

Montana here about a foot of snow and now wind 18 degrees...makes me miss the 656 when 28 horse didn't have the cowbell to push snow back

Did the endloader die?

6 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Did the endloader die?

It's alive but with 1/2 mile of road it's nice to push to the side....and ran out of ether at home...so no start.

Well it's good and white here. No sign of letting off. Lots of wind so hard to say for sure but along the bush the fresh snow is almost to my knees. Probably all of 18 inches so far. At least it's not the real wet heavy stuff. 45 miles to the west they really haven't got much for snow. Not sure what the rest of MB is like. Is it still snowing in ND or done and moved on?

First pic was before lunch on pasture. Was bare ground a few hours before. 2nd pic is in the yard early evening. And no she's not a short cow lol

Snapchat-1964855696.thumb.jpg.b6951d5727a8f73e949fc05cb93a3f19.jpg

Snapchat-1664923662.thumb.jpg.91c99110e5aa51b0706b8eccc98cf3a1.jpg