Could use some prayers

IHhogfarmer

As long as she was somewhat active before the fall she most likely won't have too many problems. Where the problem is if the all she did was sit and lay down and the muscles are real weak. Anyway I'm praying for her speedy recovery.

Rick

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, oldtanker said:

As long as she was somewhat active before the fall she most likely won't have too many problems. Where the problem is if the all she did was sit and lay down and the muscles are real weak. Anyway I'm praying for her speedy recovery.

Rick

Yes I would say she was pretty active for her age before this happened. She is a very strong woman. She has had cancer twice now, first was in the 90’s and it came back about 2015 or so which is about how long she has been living with my grandparents. 

The issue for low blood pressure after surgery when she was at the hospital was because she had just had chemo days before her hip broke and also because of how big the incision was for surgery. 

Thank you all again so much for prayers!! What an awesome place to come for them!

• 1 month later...

I know its been a while since I’ve done an update but she has really been in the nursing home since that time. 

Monday she did not have a good day at all….. I mean I have never seen her in that condition before. Tuesday was a little better for her but Tuesday night the nursing home took her to the hospital with bilateral pneumonia. 

I just wanted all of you to know she passed away at the local hospital Thursday night at 6:42. She was surrounded by several family members including her three kids (my grandma being one). She was more than ready to go home to be with the Lord and she passed with my mom and grandma reading her bible verses. I was in the room when she went home. My parents, sister, and I went in to see her Thursday morning and got to speak with her some, then I prayed over her with my family. It was so difficult to watch her struggle to breath but she is no longer suffering. They took her off oxygen that evening and I’m sure it wasn’t 15 minutes and she was gone. 

My family and I would like to thank all of you for your prayers, it was much appreciated and it was God’s timing for her to go back with him!

• Sad 5

18 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

I know its been a while since I’ve done an update but she has really been in the nursing home since that time. 

Monday she did not have a good day at all….. I mean I have never seen her in that condition before. Tuesday was a little better for her but Tuesday night the nursing home took her to the hospital with bilateral pneumonia. 

I just wanted all of you to know she passed away at the local hospital Thursday night at 6:42. She was surrounded by several family members including her three kids (my grandma being one). She was more than ready to go home to be with the Lord and she passed with my mom and grandma reading her bible verses. I was in the room when she went home. My parents, sister, and I went in to see her Thursday morning and got to speak with her some, then I prayed over her with my family. It was so difficult to watch her struggle to breath but she is no longer suffering. They took her off oxygen that evening and I’m sure it wasn’t 15 minutes and she was gone. 

My family and I would like to thank all of you for your prayers, it was much appreciated and it was God’s timing for her to go back with him!

Wise words there sir. I’m sorry to hear of her passing but it sounds like she was blessed to have everyone there. I pray for the comfort of your family through this time but judging by your words above, you already have it figured out. 

• Thanks 1

Prayers for your family 🙏🏻 
Knowing that she isn’t suffering, is a blessing in itself. Remember the good times and share those stories with your family, as that helps ease the pain.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all so much. Funeral is today, just getting ready to go to the church. Great Grandma Shirley was 87 and one thing she loved was sowing or making blanket patterns. She made these for me in 2006 when I was just 5. Thought you all might like to see them. 

F42E0CDB-2551-4F4A-BDBC-08F516BBB865.thumb.jpeg.5a11a1c0506e32413b2cc94740e20f9f.jpeg

• Like 4

Once again, thank you all so much!!

Funeral went very well yesterday. As I told my pastor the Lord’s presence and Grandma Shirley’s presence was definitely there yesterday. We had many good compliments from people that came. I think we gave great grandma the best funeral there could have been. 

Again I appreciate the prayers. What an awesome group of awesome people!