Auction results today

856 Custom

2 hours ago, Jacka said:

NH Chopper with 3 row head was a steal.

Bring that East and get $10,000.

1 hour ago, hobbyfarm said:

Other thing i saw that chopper with the snaplage head went for nothing.  Those are pretty rare to find, and when you do find one theyre proud of them. 

NH 890 is not a desired chopper. 900 or 230/240 and it would sell higher

1 hour ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Other thing i saw that chopper with the snaplage head went for nothing.  Those are pretty rare to find, and when you do find one theyre proud of them. 

That was listed as a parts machine.

I’m trying to figure out how the working chopper with the 3 row head went for 1000 and the parts one brought 500?  Maybe like was mentioned the snaplage head? If the working one was useable that is still a good buy in my book.  Everything looked to be well cared for so I’m thinking it was in good shape. I’m trying to think how old that would be .  I remember 900’s being new in early 90's.  

34 minutes ago, Paystar5000 said:

I’m trying to figure out how the working chopper with the 3 row head went for 1000 and the parts one brought 500?  Maybe like was mentioned the snaplage head? If the working one was useable that is still a good buy in my book.  Everything looked to be well cared for so I’m thinking it was in good shape. I’m trying to think how old that would be .  I remember 900’s being new in early 90's.  

Dad bought the 890 i still use in 1980 or 81 new

• Thanks 1

We sold our 892 a few years ago for 2500, and the two row head on it was only three years old. Think it was a 7k head, that my neighbor bought new, and after two years he went to self propelled, and we got it for 5k.  Sold our original head for 3k.  Sat in the shed for 5 years….couldn’t get any interest  at the 5k I was asking for the whole thing. Needed the space.  Neighbor sold his for about the same last year.  Other neighbor has a 230 or 240 that’s been setting for 5-6 years. He was asking $20k, can’t get a call.  We used the 892 for 30 years and it wasn’t new when dad bought it.  Put a roll in it once. Replaced some chains. It was a great machine for us. 

74665F79-9671-4999-A866-C9CAF277775F.thumb.jpeg.bb61ad6a31adfaed221dd216073b0d21.jpeg67B72BD3-9626-4051-94FC-A11955104B0F.thumb.jpeg.0c02704f3ebc32eb6e24d1ea80adc640.jpegA629DFF5-06DA-43AC-9AF8-751C986B40BF.thumb.jpeg.da2997042f674eca40f7fb39f909ae82.jpeg2E57CBBF-B4D2-4B9B-A98C-CDF5721C6B78.thumb.jpeg.dfbc100430290b6e339e28d6e35b0b1b.jpeg

I had a 2 row NH snapper head for a while. NH recommends setting the chopper axles down to raise chopper to give clearance for the stalks underneath the head. Makes the head steep. Got tired of watching ears tumbling back down the gathering chains and onto the ground, so I sold it after I bought the Uni and 3 row head. 

I've had some well used 892 over the years. The reversing gearbox was always the issue. the 900 I have now is a big improvement.

We did have our 892 gearbox apart once to replace those pto style clutch disk things.  It seen probably 140-175 acres of corn and maybe 30-50 of grass a year, for 30+ years, changed the ATF in that gearbox every year, replaced the wear liner in the spout once. Auger was getting thin. 
we used it as a grinder blower too, grinding and blowing shelled corn up the silo for a long time. 

here in central wis, i see the local yard run by the shirks load all those old choppers up and send them somewhere, i would assume back out east to there group, or down to Mexico he once told me that the Mexicans will but a lot of the older stuff that might need some repair,  but now with 400 dollar a ton steel they might have some competition for the older stuff, there must be a really good price for the heavy steel like plows cause i see the local yard paying a good price for those heavy pieces.

20 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

NH 900 sold at Leamans auction yesterday for around $1500 with grass and corn head it was in nice shape

3 hours ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

NH 900 sold at Leamans auction yesterday for around $1500 with grass and corn head it was in nice shape

Fargo dump wagon went for around $1400