BEST BUDS

augercreek

Our two cats are best buddies ever since we brought them together. The big guy ( Kaya ) and Heide got along right off the bat, sniffed noses and butts and all was well. Kaya we got at a shelter many years ago and his pal Squeeks got old and sickly so we had to put her down ( a sad day that was ) ! So this Fall there was this stray hanging around and we thought it's going to get cold soon so maybe we could take her in. We told our daughter if she could catah her we'd take her in. Well she coxed it with food and snatched her up and brought her in the house. The first few days she hid out in the basement some where we couldn't find her for days. finally she came up stairs and we'd watch where she would go. Up in the floor joists she went so I blocked them off. She was a hidey cat so thus the name Heide .

BEST BUDS 003.JPG

BEST BUDS 006.JPG

BEST BUDS 007.JPG

• Like 12

Official kitty cat thread?

These are our two lounge cats. The first one is Jasper, he had been with us for almost six years. We should have named him Garfield. The second is Pickles, he joined us last November after our other cat went awol and we couldn't find him

20220409_122610.jpg

20220409_122859.jpg

• Like 5

This is Gizmo, her mother quit feeding her litter at 5.5 weeks, and Giz was the last to almost perish.  A vet trip, and found out malnourished, so home with kitten milk replacer, a bottle, and starved 5.5 week old kitten!! And here she is 13 years later!! D3AE1285-F530-48A7-9817-6534F2417597.thumb.jpeg.bec37a74d970298e83052cf4a70be09d.jpeg 

A0E2C68D-7D67-419E-8C6F-DDBF895AF8BB.thumb.jpeg.cc6982aabd2ec542c507dbc22c9ed922.jpeg 

72C57134-7CB5-4D8C-A8C4-7DEA389B4533.thumb.jpeg.da0e7e762975a3aee784b77dc797256f.jpeg

She finds herself in my lap the second I put “her” blanket over me!! 

• Like 6

Hear is my fur ball. She is a heck of a mouser.

20210606_204731.jpg

• Like 2

Haven’t ever had a cat in the house and it’s been years since I had one outside. Found this one at the start of the ice storm in feb of 21 laying in the road. He had a bad leg that either got run over or caught in a fan belt of someone’s car Is what I’m guessing. Now he sleeps between my legs every night and if I’m not up by 6 he’s clawing at my blankets to get me up.  Wanted to call him boot off of Shreck (singular since he only has 1 back leg) but my girls won out with calling him Kiki 10F9A50B-6A56-45D8-9A13-F2FB20A0B583.thumb.jpeg.02b2cda4a5c78ac0412d711a72b4a4ad.jpegthe day I found himDFD2F15F-794E-4C5A-B005-727281C56DE1.thumb.jpeg.aeeee61f3808c9f2aa5666f74268e9ad.jpegday of his surgery for leg removal. C4B2CE08-526B-4507-B88E-072931D46E13.thumb.jpeg.9bfc371812023da9b13921dabd1a5bca.jpegtaken today

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Cattech said:

If I ever have a 3 legged cat I'm not gonna waste the opportunity to name it Tripod. ;)

I’ve called him that and a bunch of other things I could come up with at the time but Kiki stuck with 3 females. Who am I to argue when I’m outnumbered that much

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cattech said:

If I ever have a 3 legged cat I'm not gonna waste the opportunity to name it Tripod. ;)

,,,the late, great Tom T Hall's wife had a hound called ''tripod''  for obvious reasons  !!!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tmtbob said:

I’ve called him that and a bunch of other things I could come up with at the time but Kiki stuck with 3 females. Who am I to argue when I’m outnumbered that much

I can understand, even if I live alone.

Missing a leg or not, Kiki is a good looking cat. I'll probably get an orange tabby in the future. Bengals have gotten way too expensive and you don't normally find them at a shelter. 

• Like 1

...Mr Gray.....always loved to ride on quad bike...in the tractor...whatever...liked to pack his half eaten  rabbits home to show off....perhaps a rat or two...and on occasions a small, half eaten eel would be found in the shower.....

He is buried with full honours, under a young liquid amber  ..('sweet  gum '...to you blokes over there ...)

Mike

IMG_1286.JPG

• Like 7

IMG_0333.thumb.PNG.89a23d657cdd59283c591ab310554669.PNG

Winky left us this past Summer after about ten years. He made full rounds of the property daily, keeping out encroaching felines and embracing the deer. I saw Winky touch noses once with a deer that frequented my wife's garden a few years ago. He liked to stay out all night in warm weather then stop by for breakfast and a good nap. One morning after he ate he went back out for the last time.  I checked every tractor seat for days, his favorite spots to sit, no luck. We have a neighbor that caught a Bobcat a couple times on a game cam and I found some fresh tracks in our yard. Winky had been showing some arthritis and general slowing down, I think he might have joined the bigger cat? I did not get to bury him but I know he was looking sharp in his Tuxedo.

• Like 4

We have two brothers the wife brought home from the shelter. My only gripe is they don’t understand what a weekend is.  Two weeks ago the wife brought home a new box of treats, looks just like their food but they sure think it’s better.  So one morning the fatso of the two was purring and in the kitchen why I was making coffee before work. So I gave him a couple of those treats.  
This escalated quickly. Now the two of them show up in the bedroom every morning to show me how loving they are so they get treats, who needs an alarm clock.

sorry you lost your pal @Cattech.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cattech said:

We had a calf born with 3 legs. Didn't take long to name her tripod lol

• Like 1

Just now, ihrondiesel said:

Well, that’s unique! 😂

It really was a once in a lifetime experience I hope lol. Was a back leg that was missing. I wanted to keep her for a heifer. Would never have to worry about her kicking the calf when sucking 😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, db1486 said:

It really was a once in a lifetime experience I hope lol. Was a back leg that was missing. I wanted to keep her for a heifer. Would never have to worry about her kicking the calf when sucking 😂

Check your original post, I’m thinking you might have had a typo   

• Thanks 1

Picture of Charlie a few years ago. When he was younger I made him sleep in the laundry room. When it was bed time I would tell him time to go nite nite. He would complain all the way but would go on his own. My son was his favorite in many ways till the kids moved out. Now he sleeps with wife and I and if he even thinks your awake is in your face or walking all over you. 🙄 

He is getting on in years so wife doesn't have the heart to make him sleep elsewhere.

20170102_183006.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My son's current cat ollie whom made my wife his favorite till kids moved taking him with. 

And my daughters cat Teddy along with Charlie

20180930_191713.jpg

20171202_192433.jpg

• Like 4

We got a nice bunch of cats here. They are all outside only. But I like them all. Someday they aren't too ambitious lol but they sure keep the rodents under control

Snapchat-1399086333.thumb.jpg.7af70bc4c8ec7d849975b6c580732d4b.jpg

But this one has been my buddy since he was a kitten. For some reason he has really taken a interest in mechanics lol. If I'm going to the shop he is right behind me and usually trying to be helpful. Normally trying to pass me tools or get a better view of what I'm looking at as he's crawling over my face when I'm laying on my back under something 😂

Snapchat-704263923.thumb.jpg.5d05430a0345822dc780434f30af5d89.jpg

Snapchat-132565139.thumb.jpg.5e8aa18b71735660bb883e120e8ab410.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3