Old tool

Gillfisher

Made for square nuts but obviously not for rusted or exceptionally tight ones due grabbing only one corner. Probably best for adjusting something that had to be tuned for the application or for running a nut that was more than finger tight.

Alligator wrench.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, New Englander said:

Made for square nuts but obviously not for rusted or exceptionally tight ones due grabbing only one corner. Probably best for adjusting something that had to be tuned for the application or for running a nut that was more than finger tight.

Alligator wrench.png

I imagine square nuts on wooden equipment tended not to be super high torque. 

I worked with a old man he talked about using one of those back in the day and back before he retired he told me he loved to take stuff apart as a kid but never put it back together, he said he took his dads tractor apart one winter but never bothered to put it back together, when spring rolled around it was about time to start plowing he was riding home on the school bus and looked up at the barn there was his dad with his tool box outside the barn, he said he'd reach down pull a hand tool out and throw it as hard as he could across the field, he said ill yelled to the bus driver to drop me off at the next kids house, he said he waited to about dark and walked home said his dad looked at him and said i don't care what you do or how it gets done but that #$%^&!@ tractor better be back together before i get home tomorrow 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, New Englander said:

Alligator wrench.png

Interesting I was gonna say it was made for tightening the bolts on muffler bearings