Elvis’s Scout

IHBOWEN

Went to Graceland in Memphis today for the Elvis house tour and saw his Scout and 4010 in one of the exhibits 187A8E77-64F1-413A-8295-29F39ABC5496.thumb.jpeg.4dbf736a29143374ba30b18071cb6ff7.jpeg

C384554C-71FF-465C-BDB1-CA71A093071D.jpeg

2B628BEE-DEF7-4734-9D57-9CBDECE61BA6.jpeg

• Like 7

From the looks of the front of the hood on that 4010 I'd say Elvis' muddy $hit covered boots slipped off the clutch pedal at least once while loading the feed wagon.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, bkorth said:

From the looks of the front of the hood on that 4010 I'd say Elvis' muddy $hit covered boots slipped off the clutch pedal at least once while loading the feed wagon.

There was a video of him using it,  They let a high school FFA  paint the tractor , I would have fixed the hood  or better yet left it original  

Probably the same way I smashed the plastic grill on the 385 last Saturday, loading firewood in the dump truck.🤬

I don’t know why in the world you would want that 4010 on display looking like you are the local tractor jockey getting ready for the next consignment sale. If the hood is smashed then leave it how it was, but come on, if you are going to paint it then beat the dents out. Maybe rub some bondo over it and smear some rtv over the oil leaks while you’re at it. 

• Like 2

Is that a mark II behind the scout? What blows me away is on the 16th he will of passed 45 years ago, I was at work when a co-worker came in for night shift and told us he was gone, and the one guy back in those halcyon days of rock and roll, jerry lee lewis, who is still banging the box at 86 is the last of the million dollar quartet.

40 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Is that a mark II behind the scout? What blows me away is on the 16th he will of passed 45 years ago, I was at work when a co-worker came in for night shift and told us he was gone, and the one guy back in those halcyon days of rock and roll, jerry lee lewis, who is still banging the box at 86 is the last of the million dollar quartet.

Yes, he had a lot of Fords and Cadillacs, along with a few Rolls Royce’s and other sports cars. Had a big Harley with 1 mile on the odometer. It’s a good tour to go thru, took about 3 hours to see it all. He had alot of stuff and most is on display.  Wasn’t impressed with the town of Memphis though. Downtown was real sketchy specially at night  around Beale street . 

AB7DC8B9-322D-4D71-BE9A-DC9C727B8F64.jpeg

09E86289-2F8B-4F1D-80B3-64AE8959A841.jpeg

47F467D2-CB85-4BEB-8319-CBC37FAD8BF9.jpeg

094C20D9-F183-445B-BF5F-17A9A276905E.jpeg

C3E9B258-E499-4DAF-9A3C-5B193063A330.jpeg

• Thanks 1

poor elvis all he could get was a beat up ole 4010 - i busted the hood on my lx280 over wkend it fell off jack on me and the flex was too much for the old plastic hinges - who needs a hood im going naked redneck now!!! gonna have to go topless in the overalls or with my larry the cable guy sleeveless tshirts gaping open to show off my rolls and moobs

• Haha 3

I have a 1/16 scale prestige version of a 300 utility with his signature on it. Ertl made them. 

• Like 1

Google Elvis Presley John Deere 4010. Was able to find some articles on the restoration. Pretty good one was in Successful Farming. My son used to get Toy Farmer magazine. I’m sure they did an article on it when Ertl released the toy but I couldn’t find it.  Remember it saying that at some point in the project one of the students jokingly said it must be Elvis’ tractor. They were all surprised when they eventually found out it was his. The dents were left in because of history. How do you take out a dent that was made by Elvis?

• Like 1

What is the story (if there is one) behind his 300 U since I’m assuming it’s not at the museum since it’s not pictured?