C.W. McCALL

junkandcattle

Great artist, had several of his albums, might actually still be packed away. RIP CW

50 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

Wonder if the "Old Home, Fill 'er Up, and Keep on Trucking Cafe" in Pisgah, IA will close for a day in his memory?

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/6016

I often wondered if it was still there. I haven't been up that way for several years.

Hope he keeps hauling those chickens and he keeps those friends of Jesus and their micro bus safe and sound.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, masteinmann said:

Wasn't he also involved with trans Siberian orchestra?

His obituary mentioned that his co-writer founded Mannheim Steamroller, whose music was always played during the Holiday Season (Christmas, for those of you in Rio Linda), by Rush.

• Like 1

Always loved when his convoy tune was played on the radio I'd turn it up when I was truck driving that and lsitening to gene tracy truck stops tapes lol 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dads706 said:

I often wondered if it was still there. I haven't been up that way for several years.

Hope he keeps hauling those chickens and he keeps those friends of Jesus and their micro bus safe and sound.

As the song says “ it never closes “ . I live in Pisgah it’s definitely still there. Open 3 meals a day 7 days a week. Usually about 10 of us there for coffee and breakfast every morning 

• Like 2

Seen other albums of his when I was there to purchase Gene Tracy's, or Richard Pryor's, or Red Foxx's albums, but never really ever listened to anything other than "Convoy". I know that one was big and received a lot of airplay in 1976. A lot of my chum's did listen to his albums, and many have several.

Glad to see him garner the positive remembrance as he made a lot of people happy with his music.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike H said:

a fitting tribute to CW

ill go dig some more up

Mike

I remember listening to Wolf Creek pass over and over when we went out to Durango and Silverton on a family vacation when I was a kid. A few years ago we went through Wolf Creek Pass on our way to Sedona AZ, I made my kids listen to it then too. Great memories. Although that version sounds different than the album I have.

• Like 2

His greatest hits album is one of my favorites.    "When I say rock, I mean ROCK!.....see what ya got there, ain't any bigger an a grapefruit..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2