A diesel scout in action.

660 driver

https://youtu.be/pHr_bLZ2Y3M

Here is a feller formerly from minnesota putting a diesel scout through its paces. Enjoy!

• Like 2

I like this one better 😎 My buddy was driving and I was running video. This was before go-pros and such. The awful screeching was a broken motor mount. The engine would move just enough to let the fan hit the shroud. I fixed that with CPT motor mounts and electric fans. Ahh the good old days!  Scout is still here though.

• Like 3

I figured you may have some input on this one todd! I must admit i kinda posted it with you in mind. He has a video when he bought and ressurected this one. I like the looks of yours better though! Hes got some great content. He and his family recently moved from Minnesota to tennessee.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 660 driver said:

I figured you may have some input on this one todd! I must admit i kinda posted it with you in mind. He has a video when he bought and ressurected this one. I like the looks of yours better though! Hes got some great content. He and his family recently moved from Minnesota to tennessee.

I will check it out further. I’ve got new floors to put in mine but life has gotten in the way of that project. Until then, it’s under roof and safe.

It needs a 2.8L Cummins and a tera low kit in the t-case but I’d need to buy a lotto ticket for that to happen 😊

• Like 1

I used to watch quite a bit VGG. Had some pretty cool and funny ones. 

Lately they seem a bit too commercialized for me. But I understand it is how he makes money. 

"Puddins Fab Shop" is another I watch. He's from Tecumseh OK, has a Travelall he's modified, a pickup, and loadstar also. 

20 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

I used to watch quite a bit VGG. Had some pretty cool and funny ones. 

Lately they seem a bit too commercialized for me. But I understand it is how he makes money. 

"Puddins Fab Shop" is another I watch. He's from Tecumseh OK, has a Travelall he's modified, a pickup, and loadstar also. 

I enjoyed the earlier VGG as well, he has some great lines, "I'll be dipped" "hotter than 90's Shania Twain" "I wonder what Jodee Messina is doing today", humourous and humble approach, good viewing on lazy cold days

• Like 1

I used to rock crawl Tellico near Murphy NC. My Diesel Terra had a crawl ratio of 68 to 1. Didn't do anything amazing just chugged along.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eason said:

I used to rock crawl Tellico near Murphy NC. My Diesel Terra had a crawl ratio of 68 to 1. Didn't do anything amazing just chugged along.

That video was taken at Windrock OHV near Oliver Springs TN.  That isn’t terribly far from Tellico I don’t think. Tellico got shut down by the green do-golfers before I had a chance to go.  

My Scout always just chugged along also. I had Jeep’s before but always liked the way the Scout just went along like it was no big deal. Mine has 3.55 axle gears so I use low range mostly on the trail.  The gearing makes it more streetable but 4.10’s would do a lot better off-road. The lockers help but as you say, the crawl ratio is big while on the rocks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TN Hillbilly said:

About 2.5 or 3 hours, opposite side of the TN Valley.

Ain't it about time for your yearly fishin trip?

99 more days, (not that I’m counting)

will depend a little on work schedule and some potential changes there. 

• Like 1

My buddy had a late 70's Landcruiser with a diesel and his mileage was awesome and that thing was an off road monster

1 minute ago, hardtail said:

My buddy had a late 70's Landcruiser with a diesel and his mileage was awesome and that thing was an off road monster

Mine will get 23-24mpg on 33’s. 

23 minutes ago, hardtail said:

He was into the 30s but our gallons are bigger

With 198cubes of fury and 5000lbs, I’ll take 23-24mpg 😊

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

That video was taken at Windrock OHV near Oliver Springs TN.  That isn’t terribly far from Tellico I don’t think. Tellico got shut down by the green do-golfers before I had a chance to go.  

My Scout always just chugged along also. I had Jeep’s before but always liked the way the Scout just went along like it was no big deal. Mine has 3.55 axle gears so I use low range mostly on the trail.  The gearing makes it more streetable but 4.10’s would do a lot better off-road. The lockers help but as you say, the crawl ratio is big while on the rocks. 

Todd I ran Tellico before I had a trailer. I would drive 6 hours on interstate, wheel the next day, then drive home on Sunday. I had to make sure I didn't break anything because it was my daily driver also!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eason said:

Todd I ran Tellico before I had a trailer. I would drive 6 hours on interstate, wheel the next day, then drive home on Sunday. I had to make sure I didn't break anything because it was my daily driver also!!!

That’s how off-roading started. 👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 1