Last IH logo

that is just some stupid stuff that they did that points to the problem that was IH. you can point to a 86 series tractor and ask most  any IH guy "what's different on that IH emblem, and you will have to explain the difference to him. As if they ( IH ) didn't have enough real problems.

1 hour ago, Fred B said:

that is just some stupid stuff that they did that points to the problem that was IH. you can point to a 86 series tractor and ask most  any IH guy "what's different on that IH emblem, and you will have to explain the difference to him. As if they didn't have enough real problems.

What?? How is that stupid?? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

So are you implying they should remove IH???  Why do you have it circled??? 

You would like that.. I haven't seen you say anything nice about International Harvester since you showed up here.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So flame me if you wish and I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I agree with all of the above. I think its neat to see the actual dimensions and factory specs of the logo, it is your identity as a brand of any product that is manufactured, it should be cool. I think its retarded that money was invested in such a foolish manner when that engineer could have been paid to do a job that would have helped better a product, example of corporate waste. 

I hate the idea that the merger happened, but I love that my favorite tractors are red and that IH is still a part of them. The merger happened over 35 years ago, time to move on and accept that **** happens, clean it up and move on.  For the record, i love our Puma and Magnum, but I also will never let the 966, 656, H, MTA or the Case 830 leave.  They are the past that built the current and the Logo on the Magnum and Puma serves just fine.

• Like 3

So then by your thoughts, should the logo have remained unchanged since the early 1900s? Because it's a stupid waste of time to update the corporate logo? Every company has updated logos. I bet you loved it when deere changed their stupid leaping antelope every few years. 

Don't forget that those logos are not standard fonts and that they must be defined specifically to be registered and protected by copyright laws.   Wasteful or not, they were required to do business.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, JaredT said:

So flame me if you wish and I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I agree with all of the above. I think its neat to see the actual dimensions and factory specs of the logo, it is your identity as a brand of any product that is manufactured, it should be cool. I think its retarded that money was invested in such a foolish manner when that engineer could have been paid to do a job that would have helped better a product, example of corporate waste. 

Pretty much any company is going to be protective and particular of their brand, logo, trademark, etc. It is, after all, the "face" of their company, and lots of $$ is spent by companies worldwide on such branding.

Also, everything on a tractor, from the engine block to the valve stem cap started out as a drawing by an engineer. Someone, somewhere, put those specs down on paper before each individual part could be built. The outside contractor making decals, nosecone badges, or printing the Buyer's Guides need to know the exact specs, dimensions, colors, etc. of how IH wanted its logo to look.

As far as it being foolish to waste an engineer's time when he could have been bettering the product... I sort of doubt that the guys doing the logo design were the same guys designing pistons or hydraulic systems.

• Like 2

Gotta be honest, I think IH's later version logo is the cooler looking version.   And I felt the 1st CaseIH logo with their emblems side by side was their best version too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Farmall Doctor said:

You would like that.. I haven't seen you say anything nice about International Harvester since you showed up here.. 

It was a honest question.  Why do you say "this is beyond stupid" and circle IH instead of Case.  I thought most people wanted the Case name gone???  Do me a favor.  Click on your username in the upper right corner.  Go to "ignore users" and add my name to your list because I just added your name to my list. Tired of reading posts from a 5 year old.  You and SVcummins on the JD ytmag board must be related.  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Farmall Doctor said:

Another case lover here, huh? 

I like most old tractors I enjoy the history behind there development

Grampa had a few IH tractors I drove a few Transtars bed bugging but I haven't owned a Case. 

Got a couple IH trucks two Ford Tractors and a Oliver Crawler 

My view is the vulture got the tractor line and now the Krauts got the truck line 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

It was a honest question.  Why do you say "this is beyond stupid" and circle IH instead of Case.  I thought most people wanted the Case name gone???  Do me a favor.  Click on your username in the upper right corner.  Go to "ignore users" and add my name to your list because I just added your name to my list. Tired of reading posts from a 5 year old.  You and SVcummins on the JD ytmag board must be related.  

That wasn't me that posted that!! good grief.

22 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

I like most old tractors I enjoy the history behind there development

Grampa had a few IH tractors I drove a few Transtars bed bugging but I haven't owned a Case. 

Got a couple IH trucks two Ford Tractors and a Oliver Crawler 

My view is the vulture got the tractor line and now the Krauts got the truck line 

You forgot the communist Chinese now have what was left of the industrial line. 

• Thanks 1

And everyone was worried about flinging insults in the coffee shop. Did an out-of-frame overhaul, and we’re still getting water in the oil 

• Sad 2

You guys are getting reeeal hot about

1. A logo. All logos, brands etc are defined with this level of detail. We don't see it as consumers, but it's there.

2. The failure of IH, and a merger that happened several decades ago, turning into a company that doesn't even exist unto itself anymore. All the handwringing is about as useful as wishing the archduke hadn't been shot.

3. Whether an engineer's time would have been better spent on a machine. Engineers didn't do this. This is the work (and the job) of marketing and draftsmen/designers

As for me, I'm not into the combination radius/orthogonal corner thing. Was that just considered fashion/style? I agree that it just deviates from the man on the tractor and I don't see the point. Loewy nailed it the first time, in my opinion.

Great marks don't need revision in my opinion. Ford, University of Michigan (hate the school though), Coca-Cola, all great examples.

• Like 4