66 series steering tower/gear selector support isomounts.

Sparky

If I'm looking these up correctly, the part number is 536648R1 and it takes eight of them at $33.80 each...

Now, I'm all for using the dealer for parts like this, but this price seems a little much for a bushing, even if they will last 50 years.

I have a 1066 that has bushings that are just completely done for. I figure a salvage yard will laugh at me if I asked for them.

Anybody have a good source or a better idea?

Thanks

Travis

I've made similar pieces from rubber washers and hose. I made the washers from an old inner tube. It's alot of work.

I cut big washers out of an old mud flap to repair the cab mounts on my 4366.

Thx-Ace 

I "built" my on platform isomount bushings out of rubber sleeve and rubber disks I bought from McMaster-Carr.  They also have rubber mounted on washers that work for hoods, or as part of the isomounts.   Takes a bit to piece together some stuff, but you get 50 or 100 for a few $.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

I "built" my on platform isomount bushings out of rubber sleeve and rubber disks I bought from McMaster-Carr.  They also have rubber mounted on washers that work for hoods, or as part of the isomounts.   Takes a bit to piece together some stuff, but you get 50 or 100 for a few $.

The platform isomounts are a whole lot easier to make compared to these, I believe.

Travis

I do believe you!  Just thought the same approach might work,  finding pieces to stack to create a similar item.

I spent DAYS trying to find a "vibration Isolator" that would replace the floorboard mounts, or be modified to do so, and found nothing!

I would think McMaster Carr

found these for utility tractors 90$ each thru CNH like 9$ from mcmaster

only difference was it was square with 4 mounting holes but the 2 on angle where the correct distance 

5A9E9DAD-0913-4306-9B2E-41CBD4B09169.jpeg

1C9D76AA-55BA-492B-A713-D8B83A62EB27.jpeg

7FE9F22D-047A-441C-A68B-8CE428AB30FE.jpeg

The 1400 series combines used rubber mounts under the electro hydraulic block I have gotten them recently 

Try Lord MFG out of Erie PA.

They made the radiator vibration mounts originally (as well as other mounts) and I've bought the original design parts from them for a fraction of the cost.

I believe they are a part of Parker now, so things might have changed....but it would be worth a phone call and maybe sending them a picture or drawing with the dimensions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve also used Energy Suspension’s polyurethane bushings for a few of those applications. If you look up their online catalog they have a universal section with all kinds of stuff. Have also used Faucher to order mounts(Kinda like our own Canadian version of McMaster-Carr)

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

Have any pics of them you can show ?

It's funny...as many of these tractors that I've torn apart, I've never really looked that close at these. The tractor these are needing replaced on are just too far gone, and someone has tried to finaggle something out of heater hose and washers it looks like. It's quite the mess, and on top of that, whoever filled it with fuel was pretty messy, too as everything under the tank is "moist", lol.

I may have to remove a good one out of another tractor to see what I can come up with. I use McMaster Carr for a lot of stuff, but have never ran across the bushings that Andrew posted, so maybe we hit on something there. Thanks for all the help, guys.

Travis

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

It's funny...as many of these tractors that I've torn apart, I've never really looked that close at these. The tractor these are needing replaced on are just too far gone, and someone has tried to finaggle something out of heater hose and washers it looks like. It's quite the mess, and on top of that, whoever filled it with fuel was pretty messy, too as everything under the tank is "moist", lol.

I may have to remove a good one out of another tractor to see what I can come up with. I use McMaster Carr for a lot of stuff, but have never ran across the bushings that Andrew posted, so maybe we hit on something there. Thanks for all the help, guys.

Travis

Well A pic of yours would help , But yes I have extras in the parts bin still in the original packaging I think 

Doubt these are what your looking for but these are what I was referring too they are "1 in diameter with a  3/8 hole size steel bushing molded into them 

IMG_20220326_165418867.jpg

IMG_20220326_165436516.jpg

15 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

Doubt these are what your looking for but these are what I was referring too they are "1 in diameter with a  3/8 hole size steel bushing molded into them 

Those are it.

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2022 at 6:02 PM, ksfarmdude said:

Is the small OD about 3/4" 

The rubber mount bushings in the pics I posted are  Part # is 196504C1 I used them on 1400 series combines under the electro hydraulic valve block 

• Thanks 1