another farmer gone HOME

littlered166

Last Thursday we found out Dad had Pancreatic cancer, We had already got him a room in the assistance living across street from where he farmed all his life. This morning he went to meet his MAKER. He went quick and with no pain. 94 years young and would still smile at the nurses. He will be missed by a lot of people.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers. 

• Sad 7

Sorry for your loss.  Glad he had no pain. 

The same disease that got my dad. Went through so much chemo and radiation.  Still didn't make it over 5 months since initial diagnosis. Pancreatic cancer is hard to find. 

My condolences on your loss. Sounds like he had a great long life! 
Pity the living. 

Sad to read that.....one great factor is the age your Dad attained.....You were blessed to have him for that many years....

Condolences   on the loss of Your Dad

Mike

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear about your dad, it sounds like he lived a good life and will be missed by many. 

I pray you can get to the point where you can reminisce and smile . 

We need that structure in our lives that only the past generations can provide.

My condolences to you and your family. 

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss. It's never easy. Sounds like he went as peacefully as one could hope for.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:45 PM, littlered166 said:

Last Thursday we found out Dad had Pancreatic cancer, We had already got him a room in the assistance living across street from where he farmed all his life. This morning he went to meet his MAKER. He went quick and with no pain. 94 years young and would still smile at the nurses. He will be missed by a lot of people.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers. 

On 3/24/2022 at 9:56 PM, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Sorry for your loss.  Glad he had no pain. 

The same disease that got my dad. Went through so much chemo and radiation.  Still didn't make it over 5 months since initial diagnosis. Pancreatic cancer is hard to find. 

My dad got diagnosed with it late in October of 1999, and died the day after Christmas.  He was 69.  He'd felt bad for over a year but they couldn't figure out what was wrong till it was way too late.  Horrible way to go.  Wonderful your dad didn't suffer.

God bless you and your family.