How high will it go?

rrr4quality

It is a total ocd thing, but can’t they proofread the ad before the sale starts? Drives me nuts when they miss it that bad. 1976.....and then to go in and in about originality. 

just venting

• Like 1

Lower houred original paint survivor that's had a good home. They bring good money if their 50 year's old or a first generation Magnum or first generation Deere 8000 series. Two people are seeing the value if 756 diesels are their cup of tea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

It is a total ocd thing, but can’t they proofread the ad before the sale starts? Drives me nuts when they miss it that bad. 1976.....and then to go in and in about originality. 

just venting

One would assume they inverted the date, I wonder what that does to the sale? Probably anyone bidding would know but imagine finding out its 9 years older than you thought?

but speaking of proof reading..

8 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

1976.....and then to go in and in about originality. 

• Haha 4

Hmm. Makes me feel better about my purchase years ago. My 756 was just as "original" and while it wasnt a one owner it moved just across the road to the neighbor its whole life. I thought I lost my mind at 9k when I bought it but I wanted it. I installed the 2250 loader and aftermarket steps. I'm ok with it because I almost hurt myself on the oem steps a few times on them things. 

20200601_200258.jpg

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Hmm. Makes me feel better about my purchase years ago. My 756 was just as "original" and while it wasnt a one owner it moved just across the road to the neighbor its whole life. I thought I lost my mind at 9k when I bought it but I wanted it. I installed the 2250 loader and aftermarket steps. I'm ok with it because I almost hurt myself on the oem steps a few times on them things. 

20200601_200258.jpg

nice i dont know much about them or why people are so infatuated with them but hey to each his own 

31 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

nice i dont know much about them or why people are so infatuated with them but hey to each his own 

For me it's just a handy size. Big enough to do some larger jobs but small enough to handle ALL of the farm yard jobs. From blading to auger duty. The German Diesel is a pleasure to operate. Easy on fuel, and very quiet compared to a d360 for example. This size tractor was desirable to me because it lived in a barn yard setting operating augers and such most of its life by the wear on it. It also came with the operators manual full of historical service information including dates and even weather data. It would say Nov. 3, cold. Changed injector return line plus fuel filter......

I thought that alone was cool enough to warrant owning it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

I mean look at it…it floats.  I still don’t get how that happens with pics here. 

I'm not sure how it happens either. It does quite a bit though.

For me, this about the easiest site I've ever posted pics on.

Are you using an iPhone?  To properly set a pic I always screen shot a pic and post that one.  Too many times I've sent iPhone field pics only to see them sideways or upside down.

Honestly will say that I don't mind auctions, especially Auto and Machinery (all types). But I've gotta say I will never ever again buy at an auction. People tend to lose their minds at auctions paying way more than it's worth cause subconsciously they are keeping somebody else from getting something they "Want" as opposed to "Need". And how many out there of the active bidders are actually just bidding to run the price up, for whatever reason? Not always but generally speaking this seems to happen more often than not. Auctions, by their nature are about Want's and not Needs.

In my limited experience, I've generally been able to get something from a dealer, by offering less than the asking price, but not so low they can't make a profit. And if you got a pocketful of cash, guess who's king? Money in hand speaks with a mighty voice, credit speaks with forked tongue. So you can end up with what you were after, at what you could afford, the dealer is very happy cause he sold what you now have at a loss cause he had to sell it for parts.  As Sgt. Schultz says, I know nutting.... And the world is a happy place.

2 hours ago, Sresites said:

Are you using an iPhone?  To properly set a pic I always screen shot a pic and post that one.  Too many times I've sent iPhone field pics only to see them sideways or upside down.

Or you can open the picture and go to edit and then rotate it around 360° and save it then it will post correctly.

*iPhone or iPad only

Honestly WTH are people thinking, nostalgia can't run the price up that bad. With all due respect to the seller, these tractors havent been that high in 30 years and they just aren't worth it. I know what the market is and how stupid high people are paying for stuff, but they are gonna sell that stuff at 1/3 those prices in 2 years when the market crashes. For the rest of us, just sit tight and watch them squirm in two years and watch the faces drop when we offer that 1/3 price and that is the only offer they will have. 

Sorry for the rant but I am just disgusted with all of this nonsense.

15 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

One would assume they inverted the date, I wonder what that does to the sale? Probably anyone bidding would know but imagine finding out its 9 years older than you thought?

but speaking of proof reading..

******* lol