Is YOUR Driving Career Stalled At SWIFT? Then EverGreen Shipping Wants YOU!

Art From Coleman

• Art From Coleman changed the title to Is YOUR Driving Career Stalled At SWIFT? Then EverGreen Shipping Wants YOU!

? IN actuality is it not the pilots FAULT/on the hook ? That is their (union- chicago/russian)  GLOBAL purpose to know the area and do the job.

Now the "true" at faults,? The Co for overloading ,otherwise operating on the cheap ,china stds,and the "port"

""" Authority""" for spending the $$$$$ on ........NOT the intended items.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mmi said:

is it not the pilots FAULT/on the hook ?

Unless there was some mechanical failure then yes, the pilot is responsible for navigation and keeping the ship IN the channel. The load/contents of the ship has nothing to do with it if operated and navigated correctly as the channel depth is sufficient. They overshot the channel and ran aground in 25' of water over a mud bottom.

I'm a little surprised that a monster like didn't have a tug or two but apparently not needed where they were.

Yeah, someone screwed up!

• Like 1

As a veteran of many sailing adventures in the Chesapeake I can attest that running aground there is way too easy. Even with good navigation skills. I am a bit perplexed as to why a huge ship was outside of the channel where grounding would be almost certain.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TomH said:

As a veteran of many sailing adventures in the Chesapeake I can attest that running aground there is way too easy. Even with good navigation skills. I am a bit perplexed as to why a huge ship was outside of the channel where grounding would be almost certain.

Someone forgot to install update on the "Garmen".       😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hmmmm. I say Hmmmmm. Ya'll remember the Exxon Valdez and the fiasco it created awhile back? Well I'm suspecting here that this Co-incidence just may be a result of the Joe Hazelwood School of Navigation. Ya remember that he was the captain of the Exxon Valdez allowed to drive a supertanker whilst also being deprived of his New York (figures) driver license for drunk driving. Hmmmmm you say! Ya'll also remember that his (latest I heard) gig was teaching navigation somewhere after Exxon told him to just "go away Joe". Co-inky-dink? Hmmmmm. Sorta make ya wonder eh!😁 But then again they are a lot like cars, there's a lot of em, even if the ocean is a big place. How many are on the seas at any given point in time? Roughly 38,000 plus or minus a few hundred. 

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/visualizing-every-ship-real-time/