Jump to content

1456 sale today


Cummings1486
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Cummings1486 said:

I know things are up but man that blew away any number I thought. Sheesh. 

9F8C5128-7527-4454-BD68-DAD5991AB8B1.png

Wow. Looks fairly straight other than that light bar? On front of the grill. But not for $41000. WOW! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1256pickett said:

Wow. Looks fairly straight other than that light bar? On front of the grill. But not for $41000. WOW! 

It actually had two lights on each side of the grill. Screwed into the cast. Definitely a straight tractor but man that’s a bell ringer!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

🤔I got a nicer one that would probably go to a new home for that price. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 88power said:

And the Deere guys say red tractors won't bring anything

They still don’t because everything going stupid high if you pay attention .Its the world we live in today. Someone posted this same thing over at NAT and apparently the same sale had a JD 8630 and it brought $35,000.  10 years ago you could get into a red Steiger 9000 series or a Versatile Designation 6 series for that money.  

Pre Covid, pre inflation, pre Biden, high crop prices, whatever you want to call it stuff is going crazy.  We are looking at trading 2 of our loader tractors.  Both are 7 years old bought new and have over 1,200 hrs and the dealer is allowing us as much $$$$ as what we paid for them.  And they have guys lined up to buy them too if we trade.  I bet SDman can come on here and tell us his dealer is going through the same thing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

They still don’t because everything going stupid high if you pay attention .Its the world we live in today. Someone posted this same thing over at NAT and apparently the same sale had a JD 8630 and it brought $35,000.  10 years ago you could get into a red Steiger 9000 series or a Versatile Designation 6 series for that money.  

Pre Covid, pre inflation, pre Biden, high crop prices, whatever you want to call it stuff is going crazy.  We are looking at trading 2 of our loader tractors.  Both are 7 years old bought new and have over 1,200 hrs and the dealer is allowing us as much $$$$ as what we paid for them.  And they have guys lined up to buy them too if we trade.  I bet SDman can come on here and tell us his dealer is going through the same thing.

  An 8630 selling for 35,000 dollars says it all.  Don't matter if it only had 500 hours on it (which from what I can tell it did not).  We live in wild and dangerous times.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, 766 Man said:

  An 8630 selling for 35,000 dollars says it all.  Don't matter if it only had 500 hours on it (which from what I can tell it did not).  We live in wild and dangerous times.

Last 8630 I saw sell went $9,500.  Nothing wrong with it either.  Could take it to the field and farm.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChrisNY said:

🤔I got a nicer one that would probably go to a new home for that price. 

not mine, for any price, until I can't get up in the cab any more. Every other work tractor other than the 826 demo would be gone first.

But that is sure a healthy price!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Last 8630 I saw sell went $9,500.  Nothing wrong with it either.  Could take it to the field and farm.  

  I saw an 8630 sell for around the same money in a farm sale several years ago that I would have had a very high degree of confidence in the equipment being sold.   It pretty much pulled a grain cart and dump wagon for vegetables the last 20 years of its life.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Long Farms said:

Clean 1456s bringing big $? Awesome.....I have no complaints. 

20211224_155251.jpg

Time to update your financial statement with today's prices.  😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd really like to have another big tractor, well big by my standards. 10,12,14,15, '06 '56 '66, maybe even an '86 but at today's prices I'll get by with what I have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my perspective , I like seeing prices climb gradually , it gives our love of these old girls a value ,and encouragement to maintain them , at least it takes away the stigma of them being just junk .

over the years I have restored or bought old IH models that impacted my life growing up and reminder of my Dad and nieghbor’s who were loyal IH farmers .

I would love to continue collecting but my age and body are telling me it’s time to clean and drive them instead of dismantling and trying to get them back together . Lol . and a little thing call “Room” my sheds are pretty full .

as I enjoy my old girls and insure them , shelter them , provide maintence  it’s nice to know that perhaps when I am gone someone will appreciate their value and they will not go to the kill shelter .

my big problem is I fall in love with them and have no idea what value it would take to part with one .

Having said all this my heart still pounds for a 1466 Black stripe , who knows might still have one more in me . Lol 

tony 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, midnightman said:

And insurance policy!

Didn't even think of that.  I don't know how everyone else's policies work but ours is a defined value.  I give the value of a particular item and that is what I pay to have covered on the farm side of things.  With prices going up I'm probably underinsured. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

my sheds are pretty full .

They build sheds every day Tony! 😬🤣   Keep collecting and filling sheds!! Your toys are fun to see, even if not in person!! 
 

Are you specifically wanting a 1466 black stripe, or would you consider a nice 1066 black stripe? Just curious, I can keep an eye open in my area for something decent! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

Didn't even think of that.  I don't know how everyone else's policies work but ours is a defined value.  I give the value of a particular item and that is what I pay to have covered on the farm side of things.  With prices going up I'm probably underinsured. 

The thing I’ve always wondered is, say you buy this 1456 for 41k, and INsure it for just for easy #s, 50k.

in the event that piece of equipment is totaled in fire flood or whatever, how is insurance going to replace it?  It’s not like they can just go find one? 
I have a sour taste in my mouth about insurance but would really like to understand how they do that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have old off the blue book stuff through Hagarity for stated value. 

 Keep reciepts ,pictures or record of purchase price, to prove your value

 In this case his picture of purchase and reciepy of payment at auction ,it establishes the value on that day.

   Tony

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

in the event that piece of equipment is totaled in fire flood or whatever, how is insurance going to replace it?

They likely are not going to replace it. If it’s totaled because of damage they will write you a check for the insured value and you can do whatever you want with the money. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

They likely are not going to replace it. If it’s totaled because of damage they will write you a check for the insured value and you can do whatever you want with the money. 

This has been my experience on items i put a value on.  Items i don't put an "insured value" on i have been paid based on repair quotes or replacement cost if item is totaled.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...