White demonstrator C

https://bid.aumannauctions.com/lot-details/index/catalog/23726/lot/3463722

I found this with google. I presume it was Darrell Darst's collection auction, looks like a true original survivor. There are pictures that show the stars and what they said. First time seeing for me; I had just seen the big signs over the hood and wheels.

843561878_WhiteCdemo.jpg.e0aa8a2624c84576c9f89b818a0cc0f1.jpg

I think the photo was in Red Power Magazine or Harvester Highlights -it was years ago during the white demo craze and i'm sure there's a few copies floating around somewhere. Kevin Darst could have or know where the photos wound up. I always assumed the stars were removed when they repainted them red -ill have to go check mine up close now i have three white C's and two white cubs

I've seen white demonstrators over the years and they just don't do it for me. On the other hand there was a gold 826 in the neighborhood when they were new and I like them. 

7 hours ago, ihcbill said:

I think the photo was in Red Power Magazine or Harvester Highlights -it was years ago during the white demo craze and i'm sure there's a few copies floating around somewhere. Kevin Darst could have or know where the photos wound up. I always assumed the stars were removed when they repainted them red -ill have to go check mine up close now i have three white C's and two white cubs

I suppose if the dealer had the time they may have peeled the stars off before they painted it red. My guess is the stars and miscellaneous demo info was installed at the dealer? Maybe some dealers didn't apply the star stickers and just used the cardboard signs? Hard to say this late in the game. Probably was determined by how much effort or time the dealer had. 

Mine fired right up yesterday with the starter. Put some coolant in it and drove it around. Engine, transmission and clutch all seem to be okay so far. Best guess was it was sitting for 20 plus years. Got it inside before the rainy weather came in. As time allows I'll go through it and make it more reliable.   

1 hour ago, wendyoakscubs said:

Wow, thank you for posting that! That's very cool information. 

I talked to a curator there once. He says there's a TON of docs yet to be digitized. He said that the team time consuming portion is adding all the digital metadata to the files. Very human labor-intensive. I'm not surprised they're adding to the site, however slowly that may be

1 hour ago, KWRB said:

I talked to a curator there once. He says there's a TON of docs yet to be digitized. He said that the team time consuming portion is adding all the digital metadata to the files. Very human labor-intensive. I'm not surprised they're adding to the site, however slowly that may be

I will say with the system I am converting vhs/dvd its + 17 min for the naming and etc for each.

IIRC they are on the third (group leader) mostly  interns/volunteer  when not "studying" . No ones fully in charge of an area thru completion.

They have not added much (use full) in about 4 yrs.Called several x  for certain items or page 2x ,when they have found 6-8 copies of the other pages.

Suppose to be millions of pieces .

they have had many auctions and donations of extras,with many of us , here participating and reciprocating

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mmi said:

I will say with the system I am converting vhs/dvd its + 17 min for the naming and etc for each.

IIRC they are on the third (group leader) mostly  interns/volunteer  when not "studying" . No ones fully in charge of an area thru completion.

They have not added much (use full) in about 4 yrs.Called several x  for certain items or page 2x ,when they have found 6-8 copies of the other pages.

Suppose to be millions of pieces .

they have had many auctions and donations of extras,with many of us , here participating and reciprocating

Sounds like a retirement gig for one of the red-heads on here! No who's up for it?

HEY! ONE AT A TIME!!