WOW! What a ride!

oldtanker

Woke up Saturday feeling fine. Had breakfast and things went south fast. Everything came back up plus I was having sharp abdominal pains in the upper right area. After about 2 hours of this I called the "weekend" VA help line and talked with a nurse who said "hang up and call 911".I told her my wife could drive to and ER (35 miles) and was told hang up and call 911. So I got hauled to the hospital. My 1st ambulance ride (US Army Medivac flights don't count). It's way over rated. They determined that I had internal bleeding from the adrenal gland by my right kidney. They decided to transfer me to a larger hospital in ST Cloud MN. So I had my 2nd ambulance ride. Spent until this morning under observation. They haven't figured out why yet but I'm home and greatly restricted in activities. I guess this can happen to anyone! Most often due to trauma or a tumor but you can just get a bleed. So guys don't play Mr. Tuff with stuff like this! Take care!

Rick 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Glad you got help. Keep us posted as to your recovery… don't get another bleed when you get the bill. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear your back home.  Hope its nothing major. Be careful and take care. Keep us updated.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Woke up Saturday feeling fine. Had breakfast and things went south fast. Everything came back up plus I was having sharp abdominal pains in the upper right area. After about 2 hours of this I called the "weekend" VA help line and talked with a nurse who said "hang up and call 911".I told her my wife could drive to and ER (35 miles) and was told hang up and call 911. So I got hauled to the hospital. My 1st ambulance ride (US Army Medivac flights don't count). It's way over rated. They determined that I had internal bleeding from the adrenal gland by my right kidney. They decided to transfer me to a larger hospital in ST Cloud MN. So I had my 2nd ambulance ride. Spent until this morning under observation. They haven't figured out why yet but I'm home and greatly restricted in activities. I guess this can happen to anyone! Most often due to trauma or a tumor but you can just get a bleed. So guys don't play Mr. Tuff with stuff like this! Take care!

Rick 

Sorry to hear this, Hope you'll continue to improve and they find a good answer.

I agree about ambulance rides, have had two recently , Not quite the level of comfort  that I thought they would be ! ( I had never been in one till this fall) However, certainly worth their money as they got me there in time to be able to perhaps ride in another one sometime in the very distant future hopefully. lol.

Prayers Rick,

Tony

• Thanks 1

Only one ambulance ride, 50 years ago, it was after a car crash so at least I knew why I was bleeding!

Best wishes for a quick recovery!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, farmall666 said:

take care of yourself. your not as tough as a farmall m anymore. lol

That’s for sure! That old M I got rid of is tuffer than I.

Rick

• Like 1

Good to hear you made it into the shop/hospital in good time to get good care. We will be pulling for you.

• Like 1

You only get one body, so treat it like it is worth keeping!

The beauty of our current location is there multiple full service hospitals within 10 miles of me, for all issues, I just head over to a local ER.  I have been retired from the USN since May of 1983, never had any contact with the VA, and the closest Military Facility with a hospital is Fort Hood, I have  driven by there, keep thinking I will visit but never get around to the trip.  They do send me an Open House invitation every year.

• Like 3

On 3/8/2022 at 12:09 PM, oleman said:

You only get one body, so treat it like it is worth keeping!

Sure wish I had listened to my mother when she told me that, 70 years ago....:(

Mike