WI PLOW DAY 2022

Rainman

April 23,2022 ...........................This Farmall 856 was in Stockton,IL , it's too NEW to plow at Reedsburg PD ,but could pull a People mover there!

Rain Date April30,2022  20210918_103406.thumb.jpg.dcef34009eccfc5296e94dcea3be0890.jpg

PLOW DAY for 1959 series & older tractors.

Garden tractors  & observers welcome too. People trailer also.

Reedsburg, WI   PD @ Corner of Briar Bluff Road,  North on Town Hall Road. Same field(s) as previous years.

Food Trailer & Porta-Potty on site. 

May have spare plows available...

20210918_102809.jpg

20210918_102958.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Not sure if I'm going to make it or not. $5 a gallon Diesel fuel is not helping. Tractor I wanted to bring is not plow-ready. Have other options so that's not the end of the world. Weather looking kind of sketchy.....

On 3/6/2022 at 8:29 PM, Rainman said:

April 23,2022 ...........................This Farmall 856 was in Stockton,IL , it's too NEW to plow at Reedsburg PD ,but could pull a People mover there!

Rain Date April30,2022  20210918_103406.thumb.jpg.dcef34009eccfc5296e94dcea3be0890.jpg

Reedsburg, WI   PD @ Corner of Briar Bluff Road,  North on Town Hall Road. Same field(s) as previous years.

20210918_102809.jpg

20210918_102958.jpg

What are the chances this happens tomorrow? 

1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

Does't look good to me. Have a fantastic little cold right now that would keep me home anyway. Maybe next week?

In case you did not know, the memorial open house for Dave Hobbs is the 30th at his acreage. 

4 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

In case you did not know, the memorial open house for Dave Hobbs is the 30th at his acreage. 

I'll probably try to make it to that Aaron. Pretty sure I'll be in Iowa, maybe planting corn. Could knock off for an hour or two. I don't know exactly where his acreage is, an address would help.

Plow DAY CANCELLED...

Rescheduled for Saturday April 30,2022

I have about 1/2 " this morning & still steady rain this afternoon. Same conditions @ Plow site....

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2022 at 8:29 PM, Rainman said:

20210918_102809.jpg

20210918_102958.jpg

Out of curiosity, what difference does it make if the 856 is too new so that it can't plow at Reedsburg PD?  I attended your event last year as a spectator and enjoyed it very much.  I would have enjoyed it even more watching that beautiful 856 stretching it's legs.

3 hours ago, DT Fan said:

I'll probably try to make it to that Aaron. Pretty sure I'll be in Iowa, maybe planting corn. Could knock off for an hour or two. I don't know exactly where his acreage is, an address would help.

31089 690th Avenue 

Collins, IA 50055

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2022 at 2:56 PM, MCC said:

Out of curiosity, what difference does it make if the 856 is too new so that it can't plow at Reedsburg PD?  I attended your event last year as a spectator and enjoyed it very much.  I would have enjoyed it even more watching that beautiful 856 stretching it's legs.

MCC..........

One of the few  "Rules" of the Reedsburg PD is the tractor series must be built 1959 or Earlier. It gives the Old Timers  with  1,2 ,or 3 bottom plows more of a chance to plow some dirt. If some participants come with a couple  large tractors & plows , untilled ground could be plowed up rather quickly leaving us Old Timers in the dust with no untilled ground to plow. When I joined in that rule was decided by the group and it still stands. But if you have a newer rig , bring it for show for spectators or pull a people mover.

If you want to see that 856 plowing It could be at Stockton, IL site again this fall. I don't have any details yet...

Thanks for spectating last year. Say hello next week....I have a Super C, FH 2 bottom plow.

Paul/ Rainman

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 401 N Michigan said:

Please provide times this event will run…..

Start Plowing 9-10 A. M. through afternoon....3-4 P.M. Usually ground unplowed  at end. What unit are you bringing?

23 hours ago, 401 N Michigan said:

Just going to watch this time…..do have a rain date: rain date ?

Tomorrow is the rain date.........!

Site guys will make call ...Yes or No tomorrow/Saturday morning . All depends amount of precipitation over night.

Also considering Sunday....

• Like 1